We are currently seeking an Assistant Professional Officer (PR and Communication) to join our team.
In the role of Assistant Professional Officer PR and Communication, the Officer is responsible for the functions and deliverables under the area of responsibility in line with the aims and objectives of the Authority. The Officer shall be responsible for supporting the overall operations within the PR and Communications unit, ensuring that the overall operations are carried out effectively and efficiently in accordance with the applicable policies, and approved business plans in liaison with the line superior in particular to:
- Assist their superior in drawing up, implement,ing and facilitate the monitoring of PR and Communication strategies, plans, reports, and processes to support policy implementation, to raise awareness, provide information, and ensure active participation;
- Contribute to the development and administration of PR and Communication activities, functions and events;
- Develop and deliver information in line with quality-assured system and legislation, whether in verbal or published format;
- Act as the delegated Authority’s main external point of reference on communication and PR matters, as may be required;
- Assist the HR office to develop initiatives including those to create a positive impact on employee health and wellbeing;
- Play a role in planning, developing, and implementing PR strategies;
- Assist in the development of events to foster inclusion awareness in the environment within the Authority, stakeholders, and general public, and lead their administration;
- Assist in the drawing up of various PR assets including those in potential crisis situations;
- Assist in developing research output on media coverage, public interest, target audience, profiles, and other communication sources for the effectiveness of communication and PR efforts;
- Administer PR and Communication research;
- Write and edit Authority publications including in-house magazines, journals, articles, and annual reports;
- Contribute to the drawing up reports of environmental indicator trends and analysis;
- Develop draft text and images for the printing of publications and press releases including speech writing, reporting, script writing, transcribing, editing, proofreading, page layout and presentation, translation from Maltese to English and vice versa, and following up printing procedures at authorized establishments;
- Contribute and facilitate the role of the European Environment Agency National Reference Centre – Communication for Malta;
- Facilitate the setting up of various Authority events including press conferences, exhibitions, and educational campaigns;
- Develop and review terms of replies to external queries according to Authority procedures and in line with legislation in this sector; and
- Contribute to the development of brochures, handouts, leaflets, promotional material, and other multimedia programs.
Job entry requirements / qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree (MQF level 6) with a minimum total of 180 ECTS credits in Communications, Marketing, or comparable qualification as recognized by MFHEA; Or
- Alternatively, in case of no first degree, a Master’s degree (MQF level 7) with a minimum total of 90 ECTS credits in Communications, Marketing, or comparable qualifications as recognized by MFHEA;
- This particular job specification requires the candidate to be able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing in Maltese, therefore a minimum O’ level in Maltese is required.
Experience: knowledge of web publishing tools, use of media monitoring tools, audio and video digital recording and conversation and other PR software will be considered as an asset.
Personal skills and attributes: Interpersonal, leadership, communication and negotiation skills, event-planning skills, methodological, reliability and trustworthiness, integrity, collaborative attitude, and team player.
In case of foreign qualifications, a recognition certificate from MFHEA is to be submitted for the application to be taken into consideration.
Salary range: €23,937with yearly expense allowance of €769, Communication allowance of €500, and Resources and training allowance of €350.
Kindly quote Jobsplus Permit No: 787/2023.
Environment & Resources Authority – KMP-86838