Overall purpose of this position
The Project Manager will be required to consult the relevant competent authorities with the scope of identifying the company’s obligations and regulations that need to be observed which are relevant to the project in hand. S/he will be required to prepare and follow up on any applications and other forms required by the competent authorities as part of the process to obtain the necessary permits for the execution of the project.
S/he will be responsible for the management of the projects in order to ensure a safe and timely execution. The Project Manager will be required to hold regular meetings with the sub-contractors executing the project and conduct regular site visits with the scope of ensuring adherence to the agreed method statements and safe work practices.
The Project Manager will be required to draft high-level designs for projects and prepare an estimated cost for the project with the scope of including the expense in the company’s budget.
Duties and responsibilities
- Define the scope of the projects.
- Consult with subject matter experts in order to be able to define the project specifics.
- Prepares budgets for projects.
- Ensure the timely acquisition of the necessary development and operating permits, where applicable.
- Prepare tender documents for the execution of the projects.
- Plan and schedule project timelines.
- Set goals and deliverables by defining project tasks and resource requirements.
- Manage project resource allocation.
- Monitor the progress of the projects and prepare regular progress reports.
- Implement and manage project changes as necessary to ensure that project deliverables are fully achieved.
- Coordinate with various bodies and organizations and take adequate measures to protect the environment in line with legislation and company policy.
- Implement control procedures to ensure that all projects are carried out in full compliance with Health and Safety legislation and company policy.
- Be available when necessary, including outside normal working hours.
- Holds regular meetings with stakeholders.
- Updates senior management with the progress of projects.
Qualifications and work experience required
- A bachelor’s degree (MQF level 6) in Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of eight years in a managerial post and a minimum of five years in a project leader role.
- Personal skills and competencies required
- Must exhibit a good level of leadership and motivational skills.
- Must exhibit good communication skills in order to establish good relationships with all parties involved.
- Must be able to correct with authority when sub-contractors do not follow the agreed method statements or do not respect health and safety procedures.
- Must be able to work under pressure.
- Must be able to work in harsh environments and topographical conditions.
Technical skills required
- Must be able to carry out market research in order to be able to develop ideas for new projects.
- Must have good planning and organizational capabilities.
- Must be able to analyse and solve problems in a timely manner.
- Must be able to take the lead and make decisions within a challenging environment.
Enemed Co. Ltd. – KMP-86856