To assist in the management of a design boutique firm specialising in design environment management and planning.
You will assist in the preparation of work programming, preparation of quotes and works contracts, ensuring operations are as planned on a weekly and monthly bases, ensuring timely delivery of projects; while taking on and conceptualising various management procedures and assignments contributing to proper keeping of accounting records, preparation of VAT returns and preparation of financial statements; bank reconciliation and financial planning.
You will also be responsible to perform the day to day duties related to the Accounts department, mainly the reconciliations of all the bank accounts, including billing, checking of time-sheets and work plan completion, the posting of invoices, processing of local and foreign payments, and cashiering transactions and above all chasing debtors and collecting fees.
Reporting to the CEO and forming part of the management team, the prospective candidate will lead the accounts team, the ideal candidate is a self-motivated person who will be able to assist in various assignments contributing to proper keeping of accounting records, preparation of VAT returns, tax returns and preparation of financial statements. Financial planning is central to this role.
The successful candidate should:
- Be able to lead and gel a team
- Be able to work on own initiative, with minimum supervision
- Be energetic and highly motivated
- Be highly organised and meticulous
- Seeks to enhance, improve and make more efficient work procedures
- Be able to demonstrate adequate communication skills and be able to integrate with the management team
- Have an ability to relate well to people
- Have an aptitude for figures and possess sound analytical skills, together with an eye for detail
- Be capable of working in a computerised environment and have sound knowledge of Microsoft office tools and experienced in the use of accounting packages preferably SAGE
- Be fluent in written and spoken Maltese and English; knowledge of Italian and other languages will be considered an asset
- Perform bank reconciliations in accordance with set time frames
- Perform activities in the domain of accounting (closing)
- Perform cashiering transactions and reconciliations
- Draw up financial statements
- Check and record (entry of customer payments, collate time sheets drafting invoices, reminders) company income
- Follow-up financial results of organisation
- Preferably have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar capacity
- Assist management in financial planning
- To call and collect debts
- Must have a driving licence
- Diploma / degree in accounting or management
- The range of pay package is from €18,000 – €25,000.
EMDP Ltd – KMP-55374