The Systems Administrator will be responsible for ensuring the stability, integrity and efficient operation of the company’s corporate IT infrastructure by providing hands-on pro-active server, desktop and telecom administration. In the event of a disruption, this role is vital to the restoration of services to minimize downtime by providing the necessary technical support.
- Plans, deploys, configures and maintains desktops, peripherals, operating systems, standard and custom desktop applications in the production environment in accordance with the change management process.
- Ensures minimum downtime and optimal performance through proactive planning, tuning, troubleshooting, forensics and monitoring.
- Analyse and provide timely resolution to end-user software incidents and connectivity issues while adhering to business-aligned service level objectives.
- Provide setup and support for all users’ hardware and software requirements within the business office.
- Collaborate with third party contractors to ensure smooth and reliable operation of software and systems for fulfilling business objectives and processes.
- Perform server and system backup procedures, and other recovery processes in accordance with the company’s disaster recovery and business continuity strategies.
- Provide orientation and training to end-users for all modified and new systems.
- Administer and maintain end user accounts, permissions, and access rights.
- At least 2 years’ experience working in a similar position.
- Demonstrated experience installing, maintaining, operating, tuning and troubleshooting complex operating systems and applications in a heterogeneous high-volume environment.
- General knowledge of 3CX phone systems and Cisco network equipment, routers and switches. A good knowledge of Internet technologies and concepts such as DNS, routing protocols, TCP and UDP and higher-level protocols such as HTTP, SMTP and FTP is important.
- WatchGuard / Mikrotik / Ubiquiti / Cisco SMB experience would be considered an asset.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- General knowledge of Linux.
- Must be a self-starter that requires only limited supervision / guidance.
Why you’ll love the journey:
- Your daily duties will have a meaningful impact on thousands of people.
- Flat structure, C level management team average age mid-30s, no corporate b******t.
- You will join a highly ambitious company that will never rest on its laurels and will continue pushing the bar higher.
- Relocation support. We aim to make your move to our headquarters in Malta as smooth as possible.
- Team lunches, open training budget, employee referral schemes.
- Our own tech wing workspace, spread over 4 floors, designed to act as an incubator of ideas, personal growth and creativity.
- Exciting team events and company parties! We work hard but play hard too.
- Supportive environment. We believe in collaboration and working together as a team but we also give importance to the uniqueness of each and every one of us.
- We don’t care where you work from as long as you get the job done.
- You choose your own hardware. MacBook or Windows? We love tech and this helps our employees stay ahead.
- A fast-paced, challenging environment ready to rock the mobility world. Those who dare to join will reap great opportunities for professional development
- Build together, grow together. The company has brought together a collective of optimists and doers to tackle some of the most challenging problems of our time.
eCabs – KMP-62479