Young Learners Malta Programme Duration:
22 June – 1 September 2019
EC Young Learners Programme:
The EC family all around the world is dedicated to creating and providing top quality English language programmes for juniors in the best destinations – all the while making sure our young students are safe, happy, and making memories they will treasure long after they have returned home.
EC has vacancies for Residence Supervisors who are responsible for the organisation and delivery of the Young Learner Summer Operations at our hotels/dorms during summer. The role is focused on delivering great service to our students at all times, as well as resolving product and service problems with an outcome that the student appreciates, and by ensuring each student experience with EC exceeds their expectations. This position includes accommodation.
- Attend to students’ requests / queries courteously and efficiently
- Manage the day to day affairs of the EC residence.
- Ensure that students are adhering to EC’s student rules and regulations, are being well looked after, supervised and are enjoying themselves.
- Monitor quality standards, ensuring that students are being provided with an excellent service at all times.
- Perform effectively within a team environment and foster a sense of team work among colleagues.
- Represent EC in a professional manner and to the best of one’s abilities both while on the job as well as at any public events.
- To obtain list of student arrival and ensure it is properly liaised with hotel management pre-arrival.
- Provide students with details of first days, welcome pack and rules and regulations.
- To keep abreast of students’ departure date / time and ensure timely transport and arrival to the airport.
- Post-secondary level of education
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Diploma in Hospitality Management or equivalent
- Experience in a similar role dealing with a multi-cultural customer base
- Previous experience working in customer facing industry, ideally with multi-cultural aspect
- Knowledge of the ESL industry
Job Specific Competencies:
- Processing information
- Structuring tasks
- Solving issues
- Being customer focused
- Being reliable
Eligibility and Safe Recruitment:
Applicants must be at least 18 years old and eligible to work in the EU.
EC is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment:
- References will be followed up
- All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
- Proof of identity and (where applicable) qualifications will be required
- Reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason why applicants should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
- Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment
EC English Language Centres – KMP-40646