Young Learners Programme Duration:
23 June – 1 September 2019
EC Young Learners Programme:
The EC family all around the world is dedicated to creating and providing top quality English language programmes for juniors in the best destinations – all the while making sure our young students are safe, happy, and making memories they will treasure long after they have returned home.
EC has vacancies for Activity Leaders who are responsible for the organisation and delivery of the social and leisure programme at our summer locations. The Activity Leader’s role is focused on delivering great service to our students at all times as well as resolving product and service problems with an outcome that the student appreciates, and by ensuring each student experience with EC exceeds their expectations. This position does not include accommodation.
- Acts as the key point of contact and advisor for all students to the summer centre, ensuring they are all dealt with in a courteous and professional manner, providing the necessary advice and assistance, and effectively dealing with any requests and feedback.
- Assists in the planning, implementation and promoting of student activities assisting students with their requirements in this area.
- Responsible for ensuring company and regulatory procedures are followed accurately and in a timely manner including student immigration requirements and statutory procedures.
- Continuously evaluates and identifies opportunities to drive process improvements and service applications that positively impact the student’s experience.
- To attend and participate in all student activities and excursions.
- To maintain proper levels of student discipline and keep them safe at all times.
- Provides general administrative and record keeping support for the summer centre as directed by management.
- Other related duties as assigned by management.
- Post-secondary level of education
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- Diploma in Hospitality Management or equivalent
- Experience in a similar role dealing with a multi-cultural customer base
- Previous experience working in the hospitality / EFL industry
- Previous experience working in customer facing industry, ideally with multi-cultural aspect
- Knowledge of the ESL industry
Job Specific Competencies:
- Processing information
- Structuring tasks
- Solving issues
- Being customer focused
- Being flexible
Eligibility and Safe Recruitment:
Applicants must be at least 18 years old and eligible to work in the EU.
EC is committed to promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment:
- References will be followed up
- All gaps in CVs must be explained satisfactorily
- Proof of identity and (where applicable) qualifications will be required
- Reference requests will ask specifically whether there is any reason why applicants should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18
- Appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
EC English Language Centres – KMP-40647