EC offers superior English language programmes in the top English-speaking destinations around the world, together with French in Montreal. Our world-class facilities and an outstanding team have allowed us to evolve into a globally recognised and trusted brand that operates in 24 locations, in eight countries, on four continents. Our vision is to maintain our growth while helping students from all over the world succeed in a global community.
The Head of Design is responsible for the entire creative output of EC. This includes all online and offline assets across the organisation. Working with and developing company-wide brand guidelines and being responsible for EC’s look and feel, the Head of Design understands EC’s content and marketing strategy in depth and makes a critical contribution to the organisation’s ongoing success with world-class design, photographic and video assets.
The Head of Design is the custodian of the EC brand and will ensure it is interpreted and represented correctly across all channels. The Head of Design must be proficient in digital design and should have experience of seamlessly switching between digital and offline environments. The role also requires the management of the EC Design team which includes the in-house Photographer / Videographer. It also includes managing the flow of work from the content team.
- Inspire, coach, lead and manage the workflow of the EC creative team.
- Drive and oversee the development and execution of innovative marketing campaigns.
- Apply an excellent understanding of design principles, keeping up to date with current trends as well as the output of the competition.
- Manage the production of large-scale print projects.
- Manage and develop EC’s brand guidelines, ensuring EC’s visual identity is strong and consistent across all platforms.
- Lead creative thinking across the entire organisation.
- Trafficking of work from the studio, including work from the content and design teams.
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Design qualification.
- Master’s degree in design / design strategy.
- Adobe certified expert.
- Google studio certification.
- Experience in managing a team.
- Experience in managing a demanding workload.
- Experience in managing multiple complex projects, from conception to production, meeting the requirements of various stakeholders.
- A strong portfolio showing a wide variety of powerful design, both online and offline.
- Experience in adherence to and development of brand guidelines.
- Experience in creating powerful communication through visual design.
- Adobe Creative Suite expertise.
- Consulting and advising on trends, ideas and best practices in digital advertising.
- HTML Coding.
- PHP, CSS.
- Working with various CMSs from a front-end perspective.
- Experience in digital UI and UX.
- Video – shooting and editing.
- Images – shooting and editing.
- Understanding of online customer behaviour.
EC English Language Centres – KMP-50606