Kunsill Reġjonali Lvant is looking to employ a Regional Cultural Manager.
By the closing time and date for applications, applicants must be:
1) Citizens of Malta; or
2) Citizens of other Member States of the European Union who have the right to equal treatment as Maltese citizens in matters of employment by virtue of EU legislation and treaty provisions on the free movement of workers; or
3) Citizens of any other country who have the right to equal treatment as Maltese citizens in matters of employment because EU legislation and treaty provisions on the free movement of workers apply to that country; or
4) Any other persons who have the right to equal treatment as Maltese citizens in matters of employment through their family relationship with persons mentioned above, according to what is in the law or in the EU legislation and treaty provisions mentioned above; or
5) Third-country nationals who have been granted long-term resident status in Malta under regulation 4 of the 2006 regulations on long-term resident status (third-country citizens), or who have been granted a residence permit under regulation 18 (3) of the same regulations, together with the family members of third-country nationals who have been granted a residence permit under the 2007 Regulations on the – Reunification of Families; or
6) In possession of a residence document issued in accordance with the document Residence Status of Citizens of the United Kingdom and their Family Members in Malta pursuant to the Agreement on the Withdrawal of the United Kingdom and Northern Ireland from the European Union and the European Community Regulations on Atomic Energy.
The advice of the Department for Citizenship and Expatriate Affairs within the Identity Malta Agency should be sought as needed in the interpretation of the provisions mentioned above.
The appointment of candidates mentioned in (2), (3), (4) and (5) bullets above requires the issuance of a work license in those cases where it is required according to the Act on Immigration and subsidiary legislation. Jobsplus should be consulted as needed on this matter.
- Able to communicate in Maltese and English; and
- Have a recognized qualification at Level 6, subject to a minimum of 180 ECTS or equivalent, in any of the following fields, or similar – European Studies, Creativity and Innovation or Tourism Studies; or
- Have a recognized qualification at Level 5, subject to a minimum of 60 ECTS or equivalent, in any of the following fields, or similar – European Studies, Creativity and Innovation or Tourism Studies, together with 5 years of work experience related to managerial leadership in the sector; or
- 10 years’ related / relevant management work experience within the cultural industry or similar sectors.
- Public Officers, employed in the Public Sector and employed in Regional / Local Councils who apply for these positions must be confirmed in their current appointment.
- Assisting in the design of an Annual Cultural Program that reflects the cultural strategy of the Region as well as coordinating with the respective Local Councils in the design, preparation, promotion and implementation of cultural activities and initiatives as required;
- Researching and recommending innovative initiatives that can be organized or implemented by Local Councils in order to promote the cultural traditions and unique heritage of localities;
- Assisting in the collaboration or development of cultural networks with both local and international stakeholders, in order to increase social inclusion, cultural diversity, economic benefit and sustainability;
- Drafting an Annual Report on culture to be submitted to the Regional Council by 31 January each year;
- Responsible for the monitoring of projects, as well as preparing and monitoring progress reports and any type of report as required on cultural projects or initiatives;
- Working on a regional education strategy, to incorporate programs and initiatives within communities to increase the cultural education opportunities of towns and cities;
- A progress / performance report shall be submitted to the Local Government Division every three months and by not later than 10 working days from the Regional Council meeting;
- Any other task according to the exigencies of the work and which the Executive Secretary may delegate to him / her as may be required
Interested applicants should send their CV and a covering letter explaining how their skills and experience match the requirements of this role. Applications are to be sent to the Executive Secretary of Kunsill Reġjonali Lvant via the apply button below by Friday 26th May, 2023 at noon. Late applications will not be considered.
Eastern Regional Council – KMP-81992