The dental receptionist is the first contact point for patients and visitors to our centre. At all times the receptionist should command a professional, friendly and polite manner. As part of the dental team, the receptionist’s role is to assist in the smooth and efficient running of the practice, to adhere to protocols at all times in line with the company strategy, goals and values. Experience is a must!
- Provide support to all team members.
- Report all issues of importance to the appropriate people.
- Encourage effective teamwork and appointments.
- Ensure lab work is dispatched to the appropriate surgeries on arrival.
- Sort and deliver incoming mail to appropriate areas.
- Complete any reasonable duties requested by the practice manager.
- Greet and care for all patients and visitors to the practice in a polite and courteous manner at all times.
- Deal with all enquiries both in person and on the telephone in a polite and professional manner.
- Always be aware of patient confidentiality and data protection.
- Inform the doctor of the patient’s arrival.
- Booking appropriate appointments.
- Taking and receipting of all monies.
- Maintain and accurately file records and update information from patients.
- Ensure all notes and information are available to coincide with appointments and up to date medical history forms are completed and signed.
- Ensure patients receive all necessary paperwork and all forms are signed and dated correctly.
- Provide courtesy calls and send out appointments and reminders to patients.
- Proactively deal with all complaints in line with company policy.
- Be fully conversant with all emergency and evacuation procedures.
- Promote a professional image of the company at all times and be knowledgeable about the services the practice provides.
- Appropriately book appointments
- Constantly monitor the appointment book to maximise available appointment time.
- Encourage patients to give as much notice as possible if they need to cancel or rearrange appointments.
- Make courtesy calls to avoid failure to attend long appointments.
- Ensure all monies are taken for treatment and accounts letters sent as required to avoid debt to the practice.
- Ensure all monies are frequently removed from the reception area and always securely stored at the end of the day.
- Report any equipment breakdowns immediately to the practice manager
- Assist with the compiling of reports and records on practice performance.
- Be aware of all company policies and procedures to ensure compliance.
- Ensure that the reception area is clean and tidy at all times.
- Ensure waiting areas, corridors; stairs and immediate external areas are kept tidy and free of hazards.
- Always be vigilant and always report any problem or concerns to the practice manager immediately.
Personal Profile of Candidate – Qualifying Characteristics:
Specific Job Skills
- Excellent customer care and communication skills.
- Good at working as part of a team.
- Able to deliver clear and accurate information.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Ability to use IT and operate a computer-based system.
- Accurately deal with and balance money.
- Use own initiative.
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Maltese. Italian will be considered an asset.
- Customer focus.
- Team work.
- Deliver results.
- Planning and control.
- Decision making.
- Commercial focus.
Drs Demajo Dental & Implantology Clinics – KMP-57407