We are seeking to recruit a Junior Compliance Officer to join our results-driven Compliance team.
Dr. Werner & Partner success is attributed to the dedication and commitment of our team. We have employees who work for each other, not against each other. Our processes are interconnected in such a way that the most important thing is to function as a team. Only in this way can we provide our clients with the best possible result.
All our employees are given the opportunity to develop as professionals and to advance in their careers.
The chosen candidate will be responsible for and to perform the following duties:
- On-going monitoring of the existing client base. The chosen candidate will assess client files and identify missing / outdated information and documents and liaise directly with clients in order to obtain such missing / outdating information and documents.
- Entry of information and documents in the company’s information management system, as well as filing of physical documents.
- Will regularly be liaising with clients, and reporting to senior management with regular updates of work done.
- Conduct AML risk assessments (through an automated risk monitoring tool) and applying risk mitigation techniques in high-risk cases.
- Any other ad-hoc responsibilities that arise during the normal course of employment.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Basic knowledge / awareness of regulatory compliance.
- Thorough understanding of Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Know Your Customer (KYC) processes.
- Basic knowledge of or willingness to learn about corporate structures and legal entities.
- Fluent written and speaking skills in English.
- Must possess attention to detail.
- Excellent communicational skills for both internal use amongst colleagues as well as externally with clients is a must.
- Must be ready to escalate findings to Senior Management and remain calm and at the same time be assertive in communicating such findings.
- Grasp and be open to new concepts.
- An appreciation of local AML / CFT Law and willingness to keep up to date with all developments in a local and EU level in this regard. This knowledge can be acquired via on-the-job training.
- Ability to identify and manage risk.
- Ability to follow up on requests to clients.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and put the company’s interests first.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
We will consider candidates who are looking for a career change but who satisfy the above requirements.
Dr Werner & Partner – KMP-62571