Our company and our industry
DR Gaming Technology™ (DRGT™) is a household name in the international gaming industry. We develop casino slot- and table games, payment platforms, casino accounting systems, jackpot systems, digital signage content management systems and mobile apps focused on Casino operations.
We are a privately held company with around 120 employees worldwide. Our products are installed in over 50 countries all over the world. Our independence makes us flexible and drives our agility. We are passionate about what we do and whilst tech is at our core we fully appreciate that without people we would have no one to develop the tech or to use it. Our engineers don’t sit in the same office all week from 9 to 5. We realize that people make our company, our products but also our clients and players in our industry. We go out and cross boundaries to meet them and see how our products work. We try them out in operations, feel how they are being used and improve them. Hence we support the release early and release often concept.
The company is strongly technically driven and comprises 3 development hubs in Brussels (Belgium), Graz (Austria) and San Gwann (Malta). Apart from the development centres, we have technical support offices in South Africa, Peru and Mexico. The company’s headquarters are in the Brussels area of Belgium.
We develop user applications on off-the-shelf hardware and we develop our own embedded hard and software solutions for our industry. We are constantly improving our products and as we are bringing the land-based casino and the online gaming world together we are looking for engineers. If you join us, you will meet a wide variety of people in our development centres ranging from high-level application front-enders and graphical artists to lowest-level kernel hackers and network nerds.
Although job positions may require certain diplomas and degrees, we value your working mentality and ethics, skills obtained from previous experiences, hobbies and drive to deliver more than anything else.
- Testing embedded Linux systems and Windows applications. These systems can be found anywhere: in casino slot machines, electronic table games, kiosk, player payment modules, and digital signage.
- Ensure that before products are released, they are as bug-free as possible and in line with the design specifications. Upon detection of any malfunction, you must track down the root cause and narrow down and document the problem so that the front and / or backend engineers can fix it swiftly.
- You provide technical support to other teams, assisting with problems encountered internally, such as system malfunctions. Beyond checking for product flaws, you propose solutions and suggest improvements, as well as contribute to data analysis with findings from testing.
- You prepare and guide the process of specific gaming industry compliance. This consists of making release assemblies, consisting of several product modules and documentation. You are the technical point of contact for these testing organizations.
- You’ll be helping to deploy new products into the field and you’ll assist the installation and other technical crew with on-site support if necessary.
- You will assist the technical writer with the raw descriptions, manuals and schematics so that team can produce proper documentation.
- Record and track change regularly during the development lifecycle using code source control and issue tracking tools.
- Share knowledge about modern technologies and best practices with the team and facilitate the implementation of such technologies across projects.
- BS / MS degree in Computer Science or equivalent degree or; demonstrable experience in a similar previous role as a tester.
- Knowledge of the GNU / Linux operating system (preferable Debian and its derivatives) and Microsoft Windows. Basic skills to debug ethernets.
- Basic knowledge of MS SQL server, pgsql and / or another rational database system.
- Basic programming skills under Linux or Windows, for example, to write test routines and report generators.
- Ability to use diagramming software such as Visio, Lucidchart, Dia, Graphviz and pen and paper.
- Basic knowledge of web development, ability to work with the Chrome(ium) remote debugger.
- Ability to work with Linux containers and Windows hypervisors.
- Ability to communicate concisely and accurately in verbal and written English to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A self-motivated and conscientious work ethic, and a high bar for the quality of work.
- Contribute new ideas for continuous improvement of our products.
- Flexibility in working hours and working location: casinos don’t operate from 9 to 5. In fact, these are typically the slowest hours. It may be necessary to intervene / debug and analyze outside these.
- Affinity with single board computers (Rpis, beaglebones, tinkerboards, pines) and microcontroller boards like Arduino is a (big) plus.
- Any experience with testing tools such as Selenium, Apache and Labview is a plus.
- Willing to travel.
What we offer
- A competitive and experience-related salary.
- The opportunity to grow and learn in a flexible environment that promotes creative thinking.
- Central location and casual environment.
- A mobile phone with a contract.
- A laptop; and
- Flexible working hours.
DR Gaming Technology – KMP-74449