Our company and our industry
DR Gaming Technology™ (DRGT™) is a household name in the international gaming industry. We develop casino slot- and table games, payment platforms, casino accounting systems, jackpot systems, digital signage content management systems and mobile apps focused on Casino operations.
We are a privately held company with around 120 employees worldwide. Our products are installed in over 50 countries all over the world. Our independence makes us flexible and drives our agility. We are passionate about what we do and whilst tech is at our core we fully appreciate that without people we would have no one to develop the tech or to use it. Our engineers don’t sit in the same office all week from 9 to 5. We realize that people make our company, our products but also our clients and players in our industry. We go out and cross boundaries to meet them and see how our products work. We try them out in operations, feel how they are being used and improve them. Hence we support the release early and release often concept.
The company is strongly technically driven and comprises 3 development hubs in Brussels (Belgium), Graz (Austria) and San Gwann (Malta). Apart from the development centres, we have technical support offices in South Africa, Peru and Mexico. The company’s headquarters are in the Brussels area of Belgium.
We develop user applications on off-the-shelf hardware and we develop our own embedded hard and software solutions for our industry. We are constantly improving our products and as we are bringing the land-based casino and the online gaming world together we are looking for engineers. If you join us, you will meet a wide variety of people in our development centres ranging from high-level application front-enders and graphical artists to lowest-level kernel hackers and network nerds.
Although job positions may require certain diplomas and degrees, we value your working mentality and ethics, skills obtained from previous experiences, hobbies and drive to deliver more than anything else.
You will be part of a relatively small team maintaining, improving and developing the Linux OS used on our PC or SoC systems. These systems can be found anywhere: in casino slot machines, electronic table games, kiosk, player payment modules, and digital signage.
- You’ll be mainly working with Ubuntu / Debian GNU / Linux embedded platform, either x86_64 or ARMv7,v8(AArch64) hardware.
- You’ll be preparing these platforms in close cooperation with Back and Front-end Engineers to ensure their applications can run fluently. You are writing and modifying Linux device drivers and / or kernel modules.
- You will assist the System Administrators in maintaining the company’s internal and client networking infrastructure.
- You’ll be helping deploy new products into the field and you’ll assist the installation and other technical crew with on-site support if necessary.
- Some serious Linux expertise is preferable on Debian derivatives. You also master the Debian packaging system (apt, dpkg) as well as a form of shell scripting.
- Mastering c and c++ is a must, supplemented with other programming skills like rust, golang, lua or Python.
- You know how to modify and package kernel modules (dkms) and / or user space programs.
- Excellent ethernet networking skills; ability to debug ipv4 and ipv6 TCP / UDP traffic. Deep knowledge of x86 and arm SoC architecture like the Raspberry foundation boards and all others (pine64, beaglebone, friendlyARM, Hardkernel).
- Up-to-date knowledge of the modern cores as made by Broadcom, Intel, Samsung, Allwinner, Rockchip.
- You’re an experienced git user (gitlab) and you embrace the culture of CI / CD and you see the need for unit testing.
- Ability to communicate concisely and accurately in verbal and written English to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- A self-motivated and conscientious work ethic, and a high bar for the quality of work.
- Contribute new ideas for continuous improvement of our products.
- Flexibility in working hours and working location: casinos don’t operate from 9 to 5. In fact, these are typically the slowest hours. It may be necessary to intervene / debug and analyze outside these.
- In-depth knowledge about audio (analogue, i2s) and video processing like switching and mixing for HDMI signals (keywords: TMDS, EDID, HDCP, PiP). As such experience with FPGAs (Verilog, VHDL) is a big plus the ability to work with Linux containers.
- Willing to travel.
What we offer
- A competitive and experience-related salary.
- The opportunity to grow and learn in a flexible environment that promotes creative thinking.
- Central location and casual environment.
- A mobile phone with a contract.
- A laptop.
- Flexible working hours.
DR Gaming Technology – KMP-74452