The responsibility of the Project Manager is to provide the leadership and vision necessary to ensure that the company has the proper operational controls, workflows, reporting procedures, systems, and people in place to improve the operational efficiency, effectiveness and strategic position of the company, and ultimately, the value of the organization.
The Project Manager reports to the Director and will be responsible for managing and engaging a wide range of leaders and teams to deliver financial results, operating efficiency and customer value.
- Provide timely, accurate and complete reports on all operational divisions – keeping the CFO, and other senior leaders, fully informed in a timely and transparent way of the performance of the day-to-day operations.
- Develop and implement plans to improve the operational infrastructure of systems, policies, processes, and personnel in alignment with the objectives of the company.
- Manage relationship and perception of the company with its customers – positively represent the organization and establish credibility throughout the diverse customer base.
- Improve and run operations such that the current turnover will be maintained or improved and more importantly, significantly improve the company’s net profit. This will be one of the key performance indicators to determine the sustainability of the role within the company.
- Preparing and updating the daily programme of works; Maintaining regular contact with clients, updating clients with the progress of works, attending projects progress meetings.
- Taking action to deal with the results of delays, sick leave, bad weather or emergencies at the job site.
- Assisting / supporting the Director in the preparation of tenders and formulating new project contracts with prospective customers.
- Conducting comprehensive site visits to check / audit works in progress, the standard of work, and ensure availability of required.
- Create a database with suppliers details and update regularly with products and price comparisons.
- Developing and implementing policies, procedures and standards to ensure smooth project implementation and to identify ways and means to meet prospective and existing customer’s demands.
- Ensuring accurate and immediate reporting / management information as required and that accurate records are maintained at all times;
- Investigating safety hazards and unusual activities, reporting them to the director and recommending remedial action to ensure a health and safety environment for all at stake.
- Monitoring and managing employees / subcontractors productivity to ensure project cost control and cost reductions where possible.
- Supporting in the preparation of tenders and formulating new project contracts with prospective customers and ensuring that all terms and conditions of existing projects are adhered to.
- Other related duties may be assigned by the company from time to time.
- Good knowledge of project management tools; ability to apply project management concepts to information technology environment.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects / activities in a dynamic fast-paced environment.
- Excellent time management and negotiation skills.
- Self-driven individual with the ability to coach, mentor and motivate others and lead any knowledge transfer / training sessions as required.
- Proven ability to complete projects in a timely and cost-effective manner in order to reach optimum levels of client satisfaction.
- Minimum of 3 years experience in a similar role.
- In possession of a clean and valid driving license.
DLI Contractors Limited – KMP-60093