DFK Malta is a medium-sized multi-disciplinary firm providing various services including financial audit and assurance, tax services, corporate services, accounting services and business advisory services to a diverse and challenging client base. As part of our continued development and expansion, we are seeking to recruit a Tax Senior to join our Tax team. The selected candidate will be gaining invaluable experience within the growing organisation.
Duties, tasks, and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting in the corporate Tax Compliance function by completing tax computations, income tax returns and other related tax work, including claim for refunds amongst others;
- Assisting clients and other internal teams in the areas of direct and indirect taxes;
- Assisting with the Tax Advice function as required;
- Advising and assisting clients on the corporate restructuring and tax-related implications, working together with the Corporate team;
- Assisting in the Fiscal Incentives function, working together with the Accounts team;
- Taking an active interest in legislative updates and monitoring changes to corporate tax rules, guidelines and regulations;
- Maintaining a good standard of technical knowledge of tax issues and develop a good commercial understanding of our clients industries;
- Preparing and providing training to tax colleagues and other internal teams;
- Preparing and assisting with presentations, newsletters, and other material for distribution;
- Supporting the tax team with policies, plans and strategies, both internal and external.
Qualifications, experience, and key skills:
- In possession of an accounting qualification (ACCA or equivalent);
- At least 2 to 3 years of relevant tax experience, ideally within an audit and accountancy firm;
- Currently pursuing or interested in pursuing either the MIT Course on Taxation or The Advanced Diploma in Taxation;
- Have adequate fluency in Maltese and English, both written and oral;
- Be able to prioritise work and manage competing priorities;
- Proactive and hands-on with good initiative;
- Be willing to learn and be open to new challenges;
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills;
- Good organizational skills and a team player with excellent interpersonal skills.
What we offer:
- Competitive remuneration, depending on work experience and qualifications;
- Exposure to both local and international clients pertaining to a wide spectrum of industries;
- Professional and personal development, including on the job training;
- Opportunities for career advancement;
- Flexible working hours and remote working;
- Study leave and performance bonus;
- Young and dynamic environment.
DFK Malta – KMP-68018