DFK Malta is a medium-sized multi-disciplinary firm providing various services including financial audit and assurance, tax services, company services and business advisory services to a diverse and challenging client base.
As part of our continued development and expansion, we are seeking to recruit a Compliance Officer to join our corporate team.
The selected candidate will form part of a professional team and will also be expected to take over the role of the Group’s MLRO.
Duties, tasks, and responsibilities will include:
- Drawing up and maintaining a risk register.
- Drawing up a compliance calendar and checklist.
- Reporting to the managing body on a regular basis.
- Drawing up and / or assisting in the drawing up of policies and procedures.
- Monitoring compliance to policies and procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Keeping abreast of new legislation and DFK Malta’s quality assurance requirements.
- Setting up and running quality assurance programs across service lines in line with DFK Malta’s requirements.
- Reporting to and liaison with local regulatory bodies and with DFK Malta’s Group.
- Filing of statutory reports with MFSA, FIAU and any other regulatory authority.
- Ensuring that all entities are compliant with all obligations under Maltese law.
- Preparing regular compliance reports for the Board of Directors.
- Perform periodic compliance risk assessments and take charge of the compliance monitoring programme.
- Lead employee training sessions on compliance matters.
Qualifications, Experience and Key Skills:
- A minimum of three years of working experience in a similar or related role will be considered an asset.
- A degree in law, accountancy, finance or financial management.
- A working knowledge of key regulatory bodies such as MFSA and FIAU.
- Must be well versed in the regulatory frameworks and the general reporting requirements.
- Good standard of computer literacy.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills, confident personality and good organizational skills
- Self-motivated and able to work with minimum supervision.
- Willing to work as a flexible team player.
- Excellent communications and writing skills in both English and Maltese.
Salary / Remuneration:
- Negotiable – depends on experience.
- Study leave.
- Opportunities for career growth.
- Performance bonus.
- Remote working and flexible working hours.
DFK Malta – KMP-68017