What impact will you make?
Deloitte Malta is seeking to recruit a Tax Compliance Assistant Manager to join its Tax Compliance team within the tax and legal function on a full-time basis. The role calls for a smart and motivated individual who is interested in pursuing a career in tax, with a particular focus on corporate tax compliance.
The chosen candidate will be exposed to a broad client base, both local and international, and this role will involve a variety of activities.
Your Role and Responsibilities
During your tenure as Tax Compliance Assistant Manager, you will:
- Review income tax returns and computations;
- Provide quality tax-related advice to your portfolio of local and international clients;
- Manage tax compliance for a portfolio of local and international clients;
- Handle the processing of income tax refund claims, including shareholder registrations;
- Liaise with the Inland Revenue Department on various compliance matters;
- Keep abreast with tax developments locally and internationally;
- Assist and pre-empt any potential business development initiatives;
- Contribute to tax advisory projects from time to time;
- Provide training to team members and to the wider tax function;
- Any other tax compliance related tasks as may be required.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have 2–3 years of experience in a similar position;
- Have experience in Malta’s tax law and its practical implications;
- Be in possession of a university degree or a masters in Accountancy, Law or hold the equivalent of an ACCA qualification;
- Be able to work on their own initiative with minimal supervision;
- Have an excellent command of English, both in writing and verbally;
- Be self-motivated and possess interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills;
- Be amenable to learning and developing him/herself continuously.
Candidates who are in a possession of a postgraduate qualification in tax or a tax related field and / or have relevant work experience in tax compliance, will be given preference.
This opportunity offers strong career-building potential with many opportunities for personal and professional growth and development.
As is typical of any such challenge, this role requires a candidate with strong customer focus, keen attention to detail, and team playing characteristics coupled with strong communication skills and the ability to manage tasks and time effectively.
Deloitte offers global professional services that include audit, risk advisory, tax, consulting and financial advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in Malta and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates with.
We are led by a purpose: “To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society”. This purpose defines who we are and what we stand for. It’s not about being the biggest. It’s about being the first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements.
Our Talent Experience
From day one at our firm, practitioners are part of a community. Our development and career progression framework will help them develop the skills and capabilities to succeed. The wellness of our people and the ability to offer agile working arrangements is at the centre of our unique talent experience. We create a workplace that encourages collaboration, creativity, inclusiveness to ensure our staff are supported, encouraged and feel a sense of purpose and meaning in what they do each day.
Deloitte – KMP-55435