Part business. Part creative. Part technology. 100% digital.
Your journey with us
Deloitte Digital has an exciting career opportunity for a solutions architect who will form part of the innovation team. This opportunity is for someone who is interested in a leading role where they will be developing new products from scratch. The chosen candidate will be an experienced and motivated technologist who has a unique balance of technical depth and strong interpersonal skills to launch and grow new solutions while partnering with some of the most recognisable brands across the globe.
Let’s talk about you
You are passionate about designing and leading the development and implementation of cutting-edge solutions to cater to the ever-changing technology landscape and dynamics of how we work. As a Solutions Architect, you will have the opportunity to be at the forefront of driving a major transformation within the company and with our clients.
You want to help guide the broader industry towards a technology you believe in. Due to your aptitude and experience, you have credibility with technologists and developers at all levels, from students to CIOs. You love to share your passion with others and exhibit good judgment in selecting strategic opportunities to do so. You don’t just want to implement technology, you want to create leading technology platforms that will change the game.
How you will make an impact
- Designing and leading development of flexible, adaptable, modular, and reusable business solutions in collaboration with business stakeholders and the IT development team.
- Proposing and designing the overall architecture of software solutions that integrate together and meet a defined set of functional and non-functional requirements.
- Design data structures that support the development of business solutions.
- Championing and reviewing high-level designs with senior leadership, technical leads, developers and 3rd party vendors by leading technical discussions.
- Evaluating and proposing appropriate software or hardware and suggesting integration methods to incorporate external systems.
- Liaising and collaborating with 3rd party vendors to understand software capabilities and integration potential.
- Monitoring systems to ensure they meet both user needs and business goals.
- Identifying technology and security risks and planning for corresponding mitigation strategies.
- Hiring and managing the right talent to scale the Software Development team.
- Providing technical leadership and support to Software Development teams including the communication of system requirements.
- Managing code reviews, creating and enforcing best practices, debugging critical issues, and conducting performance tests to deliver efficient and fault tolerant applications.
What we are looking for
Your specialized skills
- Broad knowledge of existing and upcoming platforms and vendors in the market with an understanding on how to leverage them creatively into wider business solutions.
- Experience with On-premises, Public, Hybrid, and Multi-Cloud technologies, including AWS and Azure.
- Familiarity with various operating systems and databases.
- Experience leading and defining architecture roadmaps, and working across technical and business teams to build consensus and drive change.
- Significant experience in software architecture and with hands-on experience developing digital products from early-stage through to scaling and maturity.
- Experience in designing service-oriented architectures (SOA), microservices and systems integrations.
- A proven understanding of best engineering practices for the full software development life cycle (SDLC), including coding standards, code review, source control, build, test, deploy and operations.
- Knowledge of both object oriented and scripting languages.
- BSc/BA in Computer Science, Engineering or a related field.
Your leadership and professional capabilities
- Ability to present complex business and technology problems and solutions in a simple form to address the level of audience from C-level, executive sponsors, and business owners to engineering and operational teams.
- Strong appetite for innovation and emerging technologies (e.g. AI and metaverse).
- Creates collaborative relationships through open and impactful communication skills.
- Problem-solving aptitude.
- Actively manages the work of their teams against project scope to maximise quality, effectiveness and value to both clients and to Deloitte.
- Shapes the team environment by recognizing individual and team contribution.
- Demonstrate ability to think strategically about business, create technical solutions with end users in mind, motivate and mobilise resources, as well as deliver results.
Alongside all of Deloitte, we foster the connections necessary to shape a better future for our clients, our culture, our society, and our planet. Deloitte Digital Malta is part of a global brand, Deloitte that has been around for the past 175 years and currently has over 300,000 employees worldwide making us one of the biggest professional service providers worldwide. Over the years, Deloitte Digital has provided solutions to numerous Maltese organisations across various industries.
We work with our clients to develop customer-centric organisations – helping them take on the challenges of tomorrow and beyond. With deep expertise in data, creativity, technology and strategy, we can help you build the types of customer journeys that create new growth.
As a purpose-led organization, at the heart of everything we do is a set of timeless principles that distinguish the Deloitte culture. We foster diversity and inclusion and encourage you to bring your authentic self to work. Explore, question and collaborate while building a career that inspires and energies you. We tailor a personalized learning experience, offering you the opportunity to grow at your own pace and achieve maximum impact.
Life looks different for each of us, so we created a varied benefits package that you can tap into
- Health insurance cover for yourself and your dependents.
- Mental health support through sponsored therapy sessions.
- Weekly get-togethers.
- Hybrid working option.
- Digital learning, mentoring and regular performance snapshots.
Join us to make an impact together! Apply now.
Deloitte – KMP-79652