What impact will you make?
Arising from increased levels of activity and demand within the risk advisory business, Deloitte is offering an excellent Senior Management level career opportunity for a candidate with strong internal control and assurance experience. We are looking for a person with proven leadership ability and excellent people management skills.
Our risk advisory business is a leading player delivering professional services in the areas of internal audit, 3rd party assurance and internal control advisory to a wide variety of clients operating across a broad range of business sector. Our professionals’ primary focus is on adding value to businesses while applying the highest standards of professional integrity, objectivity and technical excellence.
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced internal / external auditor looking for a new challenge in an advisory role.
Your Role and Responsibilities
Your role as a Senior Manager will focus on leading a team of professionals to manage and deliver on client engagements whilst also contributing to the execution of the businesses strategic plans including business development. In this role, you will develop and coach high performing people and teams, leading, guiding and supporting them to make an impact that matters, and setting the direction to deliver exceptional client services.
Principal duties and responsibilities:
- Building and leading motivated and effective teams, maintaining a high level key talent retention and leading them to achieve and surpass business goals.
- Responsible for managing a portfolio of advisory engagements, ensuring that these are scheduled and delivered in line with agreed service levels.
- Contributing to the development and management of the risk advisory business.
- Maintaining and developing existing client relationships, and contributing to the development of new business opportunities.
- Servicing a portfolio of key clients and successfully developing service offerings to meet demands.
- Working with other departments (e.g audit, consulting) to provide coordinated solutions to clients.
The ideal candidate will preferably possess the following qualifications and experience:
- At least seven years internal / external audit experience preferably with Big 4.
- Qualified Chartered Accountant (ACA, ACCA or BA Acct qualification or equivalent) and Maltese CPA.
- IIA and / or CISA certifications would be considered an asset but not mandatory.
- You will have significant experience in the areas of internal control and assurance services performed in accordance with ISAE and ISRS.
- Significant experience interacting with company’s boards and C-suite management.
- Business acumen and insight to be an effective business advisor to clients.
- Experience managing and leading teams effectively.
- Outstanding communication (both spoken and written) and people skills.
- Motivated self-starter with ambition to continue progressing successfully your career.
- Industry experience in financial services and / or gaming would be considered an asset.
Deloitte offers global professional services that include audit, risk advisory, tax, consulting and financial advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in Malta and globally. In pursuing this we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates with.
We are led by a purpose: “To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society”. This purpose defines who we are and what we stand for. It’s not about being the biggest. It’s about being the first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements.
Our Talent Experience
From day one at our firm, practitioners are part of a community. Our development and career progression framework will help them develop the skills and capabilities to succeed. The wellness of our people and the ability to offer agile working arrangements is at the centre of our unique talent experience. We create a workplace that encourages collaboration, creativity, inclusiveness to ensure our staff are supported, encouraged and feel a sense of purpose and meaning in what they do each day.
Deloitte – KMP-55442