What impact will you make?
Arising from increased levels of activity and demand within the Quality and Risk Management department, Deloitte is offering an excellent management level career opportunity for an individual with a high-level background of the Anti-Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism (AML/FT) legislation and regulations.
We are looking for a person with proven leadership ability and excellent people management skills. You will be responsible for assisting in the management of a team of professionals, together with overseeing the firm’s Anti Money Laundering and Funding of Terrorism procedures in line with the relevant legislation.
Your Role and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that the firm remains compliant with the relevant AML/FT legislative requirements.
- Oversee the administration of compliance processes.
- Oversee the client on-boarding and ongoing monitoring process.
- Ensure that employees adhere to required policies and procedures.
- Assist in the development and delivery of adequate relevant training to staff members.
- Keep updated on any changes in any relevant laws and regulations and take necessary actions to ensure the firm’s ongoing compliance.
- Develop and improve any compliance procedures as may be deemed relevant.
- Support in the preparation of internal reports for senior management.
- Assist in regulatory reporting to the relevant authorities for timely submission.
- Assist in the management of a team of professionals and provide technical guidance and oversight of the team’s daily work.
- Engage in any other tasks commensurate with the role.
- Strong regulatory background with a minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role, preferably within a financial services environment
- Extensive knowledge of the relevant Anti Money Laundering legislation and guidance
- Sound computer literacy; MS Word, Excel, Power point and Outlook
- Possess sound knowledge of written and spoken English
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work
- Attention to detail and willingness to learn
- Excellent communication skills
Deloitte offers global professional services that include Audit, Risk Advisory, Tax, Consulting and Financial Advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in Malta and globally. In pursing this, we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society, and are firm believers in the positive impact business can and should have on the world it operates with.
We are led by a Purpose, “To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society”. This Purpose defines who we are and what we stand for. It’s not about being the biggest. It’s about being the first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service. We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture, and we support agile working arrangements.
Our Talent Experience
From day one at our firm, practitioners are part of a community. Our development and career progression framework will help them develop the skills and capabilities to succeed. The wellness of our people and the ability to offer agile working arrangements is at the centre of our unique Talent Experience. We create a workplace that encourages collaboration, creativity, inclusiveness to ensure our staff are supported, encouraged and feel a sense of purpose and meaning in what they do each day.
All applications will be treated in strictest confidence.
Deloitte – KMP-54459