Can’t wait to make an impact on the world? You’re not alone. Join us in driving progress in the working world and beyond.
Your journey with us
We are currently seeking to grow our Professional Tax team with a candidate who is in possession of or in the final stages of obtaining an ACCA, ACA, or Master in Accountancy qualification or equivalent. Through this opportunity, you will build ongoing relationships with our international personal clients as well as companies and their global workforces, while liaising with teams across the firm and abroad according to the clients’ needs. This position is ideal for motivated individuals seeking to commence a career in tax or further develop your career in taxation.
If you’re ready to take your career to the next level in a challenging international environment, focusing on continuous learning and dynamic teamwork, you’re ready for Deloitte!
How you will make an impact?
As a member of the Personal Tax team, you are responsible for proactively assisting clients in their day-to-day client requests, supporting individuals as they relocate locally, assisting managers in the drafting of tax advisory requests, conduct research within the team on relevant tax topics and developments as well as assisting in tax compliance formalities within the team.
Your main tasks will include, but are not limited to, the following
- Proactively assist in the day-to-day requests of a portfolio of clients reporting to Managers, Senior Managers and the Director leading the team;
- Consult with Managers and understand the tax obligations of clients and work with them to develop relevant and valuable solutions;
- Ensure, along with the Managers, that client deliverables and project deadlines are met;
- Advise clients on issues relating to local tax laws, reporting requirements, statutory filings, and other relevant taxation matters;
- Assist multinational companies address their global workforce income tax and immigration compliance needs locally;
- Review AML documentation and ensure compliance with local laws and internal requirements;
- Proactively build a relationship with clients; and
- Utilize and assist in the application of Deloitte technological tools for the purposes of client delivery.
Let’s talk about you
At Deloitte leaders at every level are characterized by their ability to inspire, support and provide opportunities for people to deliver their best and grow both as professionals and human beings.
Your leadership skills
- Monitors own results against objectives and seek feedback to identify ways to enhance quality and personal / team performance;
- Builds their own understanding of emerging market trends and educates others accordingly.
Your professional skills
- Adapts to changing priorities and deadlines as they arise and seeks guidance from team leaders;
- Consult and proactively understand the needs of the client and work with them to develop relevant and valuable solutions;
- Evaluates problem(s) objectively considering facts, relevant professional standards or research, and develops a comprehensive picture of the problem;
- Understand impact of fact pattern on tax situation and demonstrating basic familiarity with Income Tax Treaties (OECD) and the wording of standard relevant articles.
Your specialized skills
- Be in possession of a university degree in Accountancy, or an equivalent qualification or in the process of obtaining, such as ACA or ACCA;
- In possession of the Malta Institute of Taxation Course on Taxation, or willingness to obtain qualification;
- Be able to work independently on their own initiative;
- Be able to work on cross-functional engagements with other service lines within the firm;
- Have an excellent command of written and spoken English;
- Be self-motivated and possess strong interpersonal, organizational and analytical skills, and willingness for growth.
World-leading professional services firm, we offer value added services in audit and assurance, risk advisory, accounting, tax and legal, consulting and financial advisory.
Our local Tax function comprises of approximately 120 professionals. In Tax, you will get the opportunity to provide clients with the support and advice they need to make key decisions on an international scale. We bring together a mix of commercial, industry and technical tax and regulatory knowledge, creative thinking and innovative technology, to help solve some of the most complex business issues our clients face. In this an ever-more high profile area, you’ll have the chance to understand how business, and your particular clients, really work.
As a purpose-led organization, at the heart of everything we do is a set of timeless principles that distinguish the Deloitte culture. Deloitte is the largest professional services firm in the world and the pre-eminent tax practice in Malta, with a strong focus on international clients. We foster diversity and inclusion and encourage you to bring your authentic self to work. Explore, question and collaborate while building a career that inspires and energises you. We tailor a personalized learning experience, offering you the opportunity to grow at your own pace and achieve maximum impact.
Life looks different for each of us, so we created a varied benefits package that you can tap into
- Health insurance cover for yourself and your dependents;
- Mental health support through anonymous sponsored therapy sessions;
- Hybrid working flexibility subject to business requirements;
- Digital learning, mentoring and regular performance snapshots;
- Renowned training programme with Deloitte University.
Join us to make an impact together! Apply now!
Deloitte – KMP-86766