A vacancy for a HR Executive has arisen within our HR department, for a definite period of 1 year (maternity cover). Reporting to the Talent Leader and working in the HR team, you will be responsible for the timely completion of any computations that are required to be passed onto Finance to effect payroll on a monthly basis.
Whilst you will not be directly responsible for payroll, you will require a sound knowledge to support the payroll process.
- Managing the necessary data pertaining to all aspects of leave, including sick, paid and maternity schedules, for payroll purposes.
- Responsible for the month end and year end process to close off leave for each calendar year.
- Being the contact point in HR in relation to any updates which need to be reflected in the payroll system and communicating these in a timely manner to the finance department.
- Coordinating the termination of employment process with the respective internal departments.
- Issuing reports from the payroll system as may be required, as well as monthly leave reconciliations.
- Liaising with the company doctor where necessary.
- Issuing work and study related reference letters, for the respective authorities.
- Manage any other internal systems in respect of employee information.
- Answering any queries by employees.
Education & Experience:
- You must have a minimum of two years proven experience.
- A related qualification will be considered an asset.
- A sound knowledge of employment law and the impact of the HR processes.
- Previous experience in using Dakar is a key consideration, although not fundamental.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills, along with the ability to work to strict deadlines is a must.
- The successful candidate must be fluent in both Maltese and English.
- Has a good sense of teamwork.
Deloitte offers Global professional services that include audit, risk advisory, Tax, consulting and financial advisory. Our approach combines insight and innovation from multiple disciplines with global business and industry expertise to help our clients excel anywhere in the world.
We deliver this outstanding impact on the reputation and success of our clients, in Malta and globally. In pursing this, we contribute to a sustainable and prosperous society and are firm believers in the positive impact businesses can, and should have, on the world it operates in.
We are led by a Purpose, “To make an impact that matters for our clients, our people and society.” This Purpose defines who we are and what we stand for. It’s not about being the biggest. It’s about being the first choice for the largest and most influential clients, and the first choice for the best talent.
At Deloitte we foster a collaborative culture where talented individuals can produce their best work. We value innovative thinking, diverse insights and a genuinely distinctive level of customer service through our expertise and professionalism.
We value difference, with respect at the heart of our inclusive culture.
Our Talent Experience
From day one at our firm, practitioners are part of a community. Our development and career progression framework will help them develop the skills and capabilities to succeed. The wellness of our people and the ability to offer agile working arrangements is at the centre of our unique Talent Experience. We create a workplace that encourages collaboration, creativity, inclusiveness to ensure our staff are supported, encouraged and feel a sense of purpose and meaning in what they do each day.
Deloitte Malta is the DTTL member firm in Malta. Deloitte Malta refers to a civil partnership, constituted between limited liability companies, and its affiliated operating entities; Deloitte Services Limited, Deloitte Technology Solutions Limited and Deloitte Audit Limited. The latter is authorised to provide audit services in Malta in terms of the Accountancy Profession Act. Cassar Torregiani & Associates is a firm of advocates warranted to practise law in Malta and is exclusively authorised to provide legal services in Malta under the Deloitte brand.
Deloitte – KMP-44615