An exciting opportunity has opened up in our HR team and we are looking for an HR Advisor for a 12-month maternity cover on full-time or reduced hours. This is a great opportunity for an enthusiastically organised multitasker with a passion for HR who is after a challenging and rewarding role within our manufacturing site, offering ample opportunity for personal development.
Together with the HR team you will contribute to the continuous improvement of employee experience whilst enhancing the culture of the business and HR practices. You will be building relationships with key stakeholders to understand their needs and support them with any HR queries and opportunities.
You will fulfil the role by
- Supporting hiring managers with recruitment activities
- Providing professional advice on employee relations matters
- Proactively advise and assist employees and Area Managers in a span of control on the implementation and application of HR Procedures such as disciplinary and grievance, performance management, training and development, absence management, etc.
- Providing support and advice on absence management and occupational health
- Supporting a culture of employee engagement in line with the HR strategy
- Maintaining in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related to the day-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks, and ensuring regulatory compliance
What we are looking for
- 2-3 years of experience within the HR function
- A diploma in Human Resources or a relevant field
- Excellent knowledge of Maltese Employment Law
- Someone fluent in MS Office applications
- Strong communication skills at all levels, both written and verbal in English and Maltese
- The ability to manage change and drive continuous improvement
- Excellent organisation and prioritisation skills
Our commitment to the selected candidate
- A unique opportunity to work with engaged and empowered high-performing teams
- We will offer health insurance coverage for you and your dependents
- We offer employee benefits including well-being support
- We champion learning and development for all and foster an environment conducive to growth
- We recognise good performance
- We organise regular fun company events
- We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace, with best practices recognized with an NCPE equality mark
- Working with an employer holding an HR quality mark for best HR Practices recognised by FHRD
Something about De La Rue Malta
De La Rue’s relationship in Malta goes back over a century; De La Rue produced Malta’s first stamp in 1860 and became the supplier of its banknotes in 1918, continuing as the sole supplier until Malta entered the Euro in 2008.
Recognising the strategic and geographical importance of Malta as a highly-skilled production facility and an export hub to the rest of the world, De La Rue first commenced its operations in the country with a purpose-built banknote factory. This marked the start of a long, strong, and supportive relationship between the people and the Government of Malta.
Our relationship, investment and growth continued, with a second facility to expand our product range opening in 2008 and the creation of a Centre of Excellence for Security Print in 2016. We’ve also made significant progress in reducing the environmental impact of our operations and will continue to focus here.
The site today exports over 14 billion unique banknotes, tax stamps and other high-security products to over 85 countries around the world – that’s over 30,000 items for every single person living in Malta. Planned investments will further improve our capability and increase our production capacity. Our tax stamp capacity will more than double and increased banknote capacity will create a more agile footprint, with the ability to handle surges in demand.
Products produced in Malta include
- Tax stamps
- Authentication labels
- Polycarbonate data pages
De La Rue Currency & Security Print Limited – KMP-74551