With a 200 year heritage, De La Rue is the trusted partner of governments, central banks and commercial organisations across the globe, from the newest nations to its most developed. At our company, we are committed to attracting, retaining, and employing the very best people.
We are growing and we are looking for a dedicated, outgoing, creative and people-oriented candidate to join our dynamic HR team as our next HR Advisor. If you are a team player with a passion for HR, then this is a great opportunity for you to join a fast-paced international company with fantastic career opportunities and unique and exciting challenges.
Within this role, you will report to the Lead HR Business partner and together with the team, you will contribute to enhancing employee experience at different stages throughout the full employee life cycle. You will be building relationships with key stakeholders to understand their needs and support them with any HR queries and opportunities. To fulfil the role, we expect you to be organised with the ability to manage and prioritise a challenging and busy workload and be a strong communicator able to communicate with people of different backgrounds and levels of experience.
How you will make a difference?
- Support hiring managers with recruitment activities
- Provide professional advice on employee relations issues, escalating as appropriate
- Proactively advise and assist employees and area managers in a span of control on the implementation and application of HR procedures such as disciplinary and grievance, performance management, absence management, etc.
- Deliver training in line with development needs
- Provide support and advice on absence management and occupational health
- Champion performance development reviews and provide support through training, coordination, data collection audits and reviews
- Support a culture of employee engagement in line with the HR strategy, assisting activities such as employee survey action planning
- Collate payroll changes for assigned areas and update relevant systems accordingly in time for payroll runs
- Support with HR administration including maintenance of HR systems, documentation, filing, onboarding and offboarding of employees
- Work closely with the HR team on global and local HR Projects
What we are looking for
- Ideally a degree in Human Resources or a relevant field
- A minimum of 2 or 3 years experience in a similar HR role
- Excellent knowledge of Maltese employment law
- Well-versed with the Microsoft Office suite including Excel
- Have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Able to manage change with a drive for continuous improvement
- Able to prioritise and work under pressure
What’s in it for you
- We value our employees
- We champion learning and development for all and foster an environment conducive to growth
- We offer employee benefits including health and well-being support
- We are committed to equality and diversity in our workplace
- We recognise good performance
- We have an active and creative sports and social committee
- We hold a recognised National HR Quality Mark for effective practices in the field of Human Resources.
De La Rue Services Ltd – KMP-66466