DAQSO International is a trading company specializing in the wholesale and distribution of fast-moving consumer goods (FMCG). DAQSO International is an Associate Company of the Salvo Grima Group and employs colleagues from around Europe.
We are looking for an International Finance Officer to join our dynamic team. This post is based in the Netherlands (Amsterdam) and is intended for those candidates who are interested to relocate in the Netherlands or already living in the country.
The ideal candidate:
- Is a self-motivated all-rounder who can work alone diligently, and within a team;
- Is well-versed and experienced in the European VAT rules;
- Is highly organised, detailed-oriented, and has proven experience in a similar role and industry (manufacturing, goods trading and distribution, freight transportation, etc.);
- Has an adequate qualification in finance / accountancy;
- Is fluent in English, both written and spoken. Fluency in Dutch and / or in any other language would also be an asset;
- Is computer literate, showing good knowledge of Microsoft Office tools. Having good knowledge of Microsoft Navision or Business Central would be an asset;
- Is analytical, commercially minded, and can adapt to a fast-paced, ever-changing, international environment.
- Preparing VAT returns and financial data required for official bodies and Government departments;
- Overseeing the maintenance of subsidiary ledgers and other financial records of one or more business units, supervising Accounts Officers;
- Assisting in the process of preparing management accounts, in year-end processes, and analysing inventory;
- Supporting the Finance Manager of assigned business units and team members where required;
- Liaising with the group’s auditors and other business unit service providers;
- Preparing up-to-date bank balances, debtor and creditor positions, and other financial data;
- Contributing to the ongoing development and strengthening of internal controls;
- Liaising with customers and following outstanding balances;
- Carrying out intercompany reconciliations, as well as credit card transaction postings;
- Ensuring payments are made to suppliers in a correct and timely manner.
We offer a competitive remuneration package, ongoing career development, and a positive work environment. Training together with the necessary support to be provided by the current established team.
Daqso International – KMP-85199