CVA Technology Co. Ltd. is seeking to recruit a Systems Administrator to form part of the Technical Team. The ideal candidate should be energetic and self-motivated.
The post involves the monitoring and maintenance of application software on Windows and Linux platforms. The applications will generally run on a MySQL / MS-SQL and Apache / IIS backend, or any other backend configuration as may be necessary from time to time.
The post also involves liaison with various authorities including the relevant transport authorities, ministries and local government entities as may be required. Travel for business assignments outside of Malta may also be required. As such the post requires the Employee to have the ability to generate respect and trust from staff and external constituencies.
His / her duties and responsibilities include but will not be limited to:
- Provide support to all in-house applications and live systems
- Solve hardware and software problems
- Other duties as may be reasonably requested by the company from time to time
The successful candidate should:
- Have strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Possess strong written and oral communication skills
- Be assertive and be able to hold a professional attitude at all times
- Be ready to work outside normal working hours
- Possess technical experience using Windows and preferably Linux
- Have knowledge of LAN / WAN networking concepts
- Be familiar with MySQL databases
- At least 3 years experience in a similar position
- IT diploma or equivalent
- Vendor-specific certifications such as MCSE and / or LPI will be considered an asset
CVA Technology – KMP-55985