The KYC Merchant Onboarding Officer will be a member of the risk and underwriting team reporting directly to the risk team leader and provide support to the company globally. They will work closely with team members and the team lead on a wide range of day-to-day issues.
These duties relate to the post of the employee and which due to the dynamic nature of the company’s business may evolve and change continuously, include but are not limited to:
- Performing know your customer, anti-money laundering, fraud and risk checks on current and prospective clients.
- Liaising directly with internal teams, such as legal, fraud, financial risk, and sales operations managers to obtain KYC documentation.
- Underwriting new applications and identifying risks from a card scheme perspective.
- Analyze financial data through financial statements and results through different credit scoring sources for new merchants and partners.
- Establish and decide on held collateral on behalf of a merchant or partner in line with the allowed approval threshold.
- Ensuring that data storage, whether electronic or physical, is in line with internal and regulatory requirements.
- Liaising with internal and external stakeholders to ensure appropriate records management systems, tools and processes are in place.
- Liaising with other teams to ensure compliance with the relevant card schemes rules and regulatory requirements as pertaining to merchant application files.
- Escalate with the company’s governance structure, as appropriate, any identified GAPs, deficiencies, or requirements to ensure compliance with internal and regulatory requirements and policies.
- Ensuring that service-level agreements (SLA) are met.
- Related diploma or degree, or a minimum of five years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in underwriting as well as card acquiring background of at least 1 year.
- Possess excellent organisational and interpersonal communication skills.
- Have a strong work ethic and attention to detail.
- Be highly organised, pro-active, and able to work on own initiative.
- Be a team player and able to meet strict deadlines.
- Be fluent in oral and written English.
- Friendly team player with a professional mindset.
- Those who can think for themselves and take action.
- Innovative and flexible people full of energy.
- Enjoying working in a fast-paced and multi-cultural environment.
- Easy to work with but challenging and always looking for improvement.
Credorax – KMP-52482