The Credit Risk Analyst will be a member of the Risk and Underwriting team reporting directly to the Risk and Underwriting Team Leader and provide support to the company globally. They will work closely with team members and the team lead on a wide range of day-to-day issues.
- Review of new merchant applications with the objective of identifying the financial risks the company may be exposed to.
- Ongoing reviews of merchant accounts to ensure processing is still in line with expectations ensuring Credorax are properly secured by sufficient collateral.
- Assess merchant’s financial position through proper financial statement analysis.
- Setting merchant collateral to mitigate financial risk.
- Regular liaison with various departments to understand and explain the risk exposed by new and existing merchants.
- Preparation of regular reports for internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain and adjust credit risk assessment in line with the credit risk and risk appetite policy of the company.
- Developing new monitoring structures to identify negative trends in both merchant’s and portfolio’s performance.
- Preparation of visual monthly reports to facilitate the explanation of risk findings.
- Take necessary measures to minimise the credit risk exposure of the company as guided by senior management.
- Keep abreast with the latest updates in the various card scheme rules and regulations.
- Monthly card schemes reporting.
- Maintaining ongoing relationships with the various stakeholders and keeping them up-to-date with any updates within the risk framework of the company.
- Liaise with other departments in view of making existing processes more efficient whilst constantly looking out for new and improved ways to streamline processes and workloads.
- Be degree qualified in Banking and Finance, Statistics, Economics or related discipline.
- Have experience within the payment industry, acquiring experience is beneficial but not necessary, and within credit risk.
- Have advanced Excel knowledge.
- Ability to read, analyse, and interpret business financial statements.
- Be excellent at communicating – both verbal and in writing.
- Fluent in English.
- Be able to work under minimum supervision.
- Naturally have a flair for the intuitive and investigative nature of the role.
Credorax – KMP-42918