Credit Europe Bank N.V. is an international bank headquartered in Amsterdam. We have branches and subsidiaries in Germany, Malta, Switzerland, United Arab Emirates, Ukraine, Romania and Turkey.
We are looking for a colleague for our Malta branch; Financial Institutions Know Your Customer (Fi-Kyc) Team Specialist.
For this position within our FI-KYC Team, we are looking for someone who is enthusiastic to understand the customer, assess the customer’s Anti-Money Laundering (AML) policies, gather documentation from publicly available sources, liaise with customers / other departments (if needed) and produce high quality and timely Know Your Customer (KYC) files.
- Read, understand and apply to the word all relevant policies and specific FI-KYC procedures
- Ensure there is a robust CDD process in place with high quality data for all FI-KYC files.
- Understand the FI and the relationship in general, obtain required documents from pre-defined sources; check their relevancy
- Initiate KYC process in the system according to the relevant policies and procedures using all pre-collected information and documentation
- Ensure that overdue KYC files are tracked for quality and application of internal rules and requirements in line with AML related policies and procedures
- Initiate driven KYC processes according to new developments in the market
- Liaise actively with the Compliance team to protect the Bank from regulatory risk and raise a warning when certain events occur that may affect the risk of the KYC files already completed.
- Support other team members and provide assistance in the team
Qualifications & Experience
- Result and high quality oriented
- Be able to work both personally and within a team
- Have strong communication and social skills, energy and enthusiasm
- Have excellent command of written and spoken English
- Have a good knowledge of all MS Office applications
- Knowledge of bank products and services and familiarity with the banking systems
- Previous AML experience, preferably in EDD or KYC/CDD
- Minimum 2 years work experience, preferably within the areas of client onboarding, CDD and Compliance units of banks
- Knowledge of additional languages are welcome (French, Spanish, Mandarin, Cantonese)
Credit Europe Bank N.V. Malta Branch – KMP-41557