Reporting directly to the Area IT Manager, the selected individual will oversee the overall hotel’s IT operations, internal audits, infrastructure, helpdesk, information security and IT-related projects. The Assistant IT Manager will play an important role in linking the day-to-day operations with the strategic plan being driven by the Area IT Manager.
The candidate will:
- Assist the department with day-to-day support.
- Enforce IT policies, standards, practices, and cyber security measures to ensure effective and consistent information processing operations and to safeguard information resources through quarterly audits.
- Constantly evaluate the security resilience of the hotel IT infrastructure and its systems, to anticipate potential threats, systems vulnerability and ensure that IT penetration test is conducted rigorously on a regular basis.
- Maintains knowledge of development in systems, networks, databases, and hardware and incorporates new developments into the future systems of the company.
- Ensure critical systems, specifically Opera, telephony systems, guest room technology, AV, and food and beverage point of sale systems, are available and in pristine working conditions twenty-four (24) hour per day, 7 day a week, and 365 days a year.
- Ensure system security procedures are carried out and are consistent with control requirements and corporate policy.
- Offer high-level support during onsite events.
- Provide and hold regular training on information security and technology applications to hotel colleagues.
- Perform any additional duties as assigned by the Area IT Manager or Director of Finance.
The ideal candidate will have:
- IT bachelor’s degree or a minimum of 3 years’ relevant experience.
- Previous experience within the hotel or high-volume luxury environment is essential.
- Experience with systems design and development from business requirements analysis through to day-to-day management.
- HP networking qualifications (HP AIS, ASE) are considered an asset.
- Welcoming and fun environment.
- Meals on duty.
- Health insurance cover.
- Interesting career opportunity and fast professional growth.
Corinthia St George’s Bay – KMP-86597