The Sales Executive must maximise yield in alignment with the strategic goals of the Sales department and the objectives of Corinthia Hotel with the assistance of the Revenue Manager and the Director of Sales.
Duties and responsibilities
- Keeps abreast of the newest trends and innovations in the industry, specifically, but not limited to the above-mentioned industry and geographic sectors.
- Maintains an awareness of competitor activity, developments and best practices and shares information with the team accordingly.
- Keeps up-to-date with the economic situation monitors trends within the designated markets and industries and shares this information with the team accordingly.
- Takes a proactive approach to sales, anticipating potential opportunities and developing new opportunities.
- Sets realistic, measurable sales standards, objectives and goals (for sales activities and revenues) to be achieved and communicates to leaders and employees.
- Attends daily and weekly sales meetings and any other departmental meetings.
- Conducts an appropriate number of proactive sales activities (incl. but not limited to telesales, appointments, site inspections, trade shows, fam trips, client entertaining including evening entertaining) and ensures that this is recorded appropriately in opera sales and catering in order to be considered for goals.
- Develops and maintains detailed knowledge of all aspects of Corinthia Hotel in order to sell effectively and ensures that the client has accurate and adequate information in order to be able to confirm the business.
- Oversees the hotel’s relevant sections of the sales database (opera sales and catering) in alignment with designated market sectors and territories ensuring data maintenance and tracking are adhered to.
- Establishes, maintains and ensures adherence to sales and Corinthia Hotel policies.
Effectively resolves guest issues that arise from the sales process and brings issues to the attention of leadership as appropriate.
- Conducts surveys of local / competitor markets for designated territories and market sectors making recommendations, ensuring we remain competitive.
- Manages ad-hoc projects as required in order to meet business needs.
- Supports the hotel operation in times of demand in order to ensure client satisfaction.
- Refers business opportunities from other market sectors to appropriate members of the sales team to ensure that these are actioned appropriately.
- Drives the Corinthia values and philosophy.
- Partners with the leadership team to understand the business needs and develop a relevant sales plan to support strategic objectives.
- Leads by example.
- Develops close relationships with designated clients from agreed market sectors and geographical territories.
- Is the hotel’s main contact for Corinthia Palace business and any other appropriate business or networking organizations.
- Tracks key business indicators (such as hotelligence, str reports, geographic stats) to determine the effectiveness of current systems and processes and identifies areas for improvement.
- Focuses on producing results in alignment with the strategic goals of the Sales department and objectives of Corinthia Hotel.
While working for the company there will be access to a wide variety of confidential information concerning the company, guests and employees.
It is vital that all such information remains confidential and must not be disclosed to anyone outside the company, guests and employees unless otherwise stated. Please refer to the employee handbook for full policy details.
Health and safety
- To be aware of and comply with safe working practices as stipulated by the health and safety act and as applicable to your place of work. This will include the incumbent’s awareness of any specific hazards at the workplace.
- The wearing of appropriate protective clothing provided by or recommended by the company will be obligatory.
- To report any defects in the building, plant or equipment according to hotel procedure.
- To ensure that any accidents to staff, guests or visitors are reported immediately in accordance with correct procedures.
- To attend statutory fire, health and safety training and to be fully conversant with and abide by all rules concerning:
- Fire, health and safety
- Regulations, such as cohss in the european union, related to the control of substances hazardous to health.
- Risk assessments for your department
- Hotel fire and bomb procedures
As the hotel’s level of business varies considerably, there is a need for flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours. The above description is not to be regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis, as appropriate.
- Ideally sales experience but experience in operations (front office) is a must.
- Hotel experience.
- Skills and knowledge:
- Fluent in written and spoken English.
- An advanced knowledge of designated markets with existing client relationships in these territories.
- Advanced knowledge of local culture would be useful.
- Exceptional skills, with a preference for knowledge of opera sales and catering.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong presentation skills.
- Education / qualification:
- A’ levels.
- Full clean driving licence.
Corinthia Palace Hotel – KMP-86756