This stylish luxury hotel, Corinthia Palace Hotel & Spa is seeking to recruit an ambitious, determined and exceptional Rooms Division Manager who is seeking to embark on a career in one of the most highly recognized hospitality organizations in the world.
As Rooms Division Manager, you will be responsible for:
- Assists in compilation and adheres to financial budgets within all hotel operations with all concerned reports / plans.
- Assists the General Manager in being responsible for the smooth maintenance of communications with owners or owner’s representative to keep them informed on the hotel’s progress and long-term planning.
- Ensures all team members are thoroughly familiar with the Hotel’s emergency and security procedures.
- Aids in communication on an operational level.
- Complies with all systems and procedures as laid down by the property General Manager.
- Monitors all administrative affairs within the management team.
- Manages all the direct reports (e.g., Housekeeper, Front Desk Manager) in a professional and motivating fashion.
- Ensures team members within Operations are well managed with clear objectives and well trained and that they are deployed in the most productive way.
- Oversees the running of all Rooms Division operations ensuring that all departmental service standards are met consistently.
- Supports the overall strategic management of the hotel by establishing effective working relationships with senior executives in particular, the General Manager, Director of Engineering, Director of Sales and Marketing, Director of Finance and Director of Human Resources.
- Ensures the highest standards of quality in all aspects of the hotel operation, guaranteeing that brand values and standards are never compromised.
- Ensures that all supplies are ordered and delivered against clearly defined specifications and within or better than agreed budget limits.
- Assists the General Manager in representing Corinthia Palace Hotel and being responsible to take a leading role together with his / her department heads, to establish community relations to ensure a quality company image.
- Drives operational departments to maximize revenue through upselling, promotions, and new initiatives.
- Monitors operational departments in terms of manning to ensure that the maximum productivity is achieved through roster planning, leave planning and performance managing team members.
- Achieves the planned operational profit margins in Rooms.
- Using the balanced scorecard approach, drive operational departmental performance to achieve hotel goals.
Successful candidates will:
- Be willing to work flexible hours including evenings, weekends, and public holidays.
- Demonstrate genuine dedication to Corinthia Palace Hotel and show a commitment to consistent quality in our product and service.
- Provide intuitive service, with an absolute understanding of our guests’ needs to support departments to create exceptional service experiences that result in lasting memories.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good time management for meeting strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of and experience with hotel management software and Point of Sales systems preferably Micros and Opera.
- Possess experience in a similar position preferably within a 5* hotel environment. In return, we offer fantastic industry-leading rewards and benefits, including:
- Training and development opportunities.
- Growing company with global hotels.
- Discounts on F&B and room rates within the Company.
- Health insurance.
- Complimentary laundry service.
- Complimentary meals on duty.
Founded in Malta in 1962, this boutique hotel was built around an elegant, converted villa from the 19th century. It faces the Presidential Palace and is next to the beautiful San Anton Botanical Gardens. Surrounded by its beautifully landscaped gardens, the Corinthia Palace Malta is a peaceful setting for a relaxing break and one of the island’s leading 5-star hotels. Corinthia Hotels is a growing family of uplifting, luxury destinations.
There are now nine elegant properties worldwide, with several more landmark hotels opening soon. From city-centre hotels to coastal resorts, each one is connected by a strong Corinthia philosophy. Inspired by its Mediterranean, family-run heritage, we provide uplifting moments, unforgettable experiences, and exquisite service.
Corinthia Palace Hotel – KMP-80504