As a Receiving Clerk, you are responsible for handling purchase orders and ensuring that items arriving without authorization are not received
Duties and responsibilities
We are currently seeking passionate and dynamic finance professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As a Receiving Clerk, you are responsible for the below key responsibilities
- Handle purchase orders to ensure that copies of all approved and currently valid purchase orders e.g., purchase requests, market list, standard supply contracts are at hand and files are maintained
- Ensure that all items are physically received, inspected and weighed as necessary, in the case of technical items, equipment, furniture, and certain food items, the concerned department is consulted to confirm the quality, specifications and materials are inspected, as well as measurements are made thoroughly
- Transfer items after inspection to the department concerned either through the help of the supplier or concerned department, collecting from the receiving bay
- Acknowledge the supplier’s invoice by adding the receiving stamp on the original and the supplier’s copy of the invoice, after the checking is completed
- Ensure that the invoice is dated, and the reference number of the authorization is quoted.
Education, qualifications and experiences:
- You should ideally have a degree / diploma in Hotel Management or Accounting and have previous experience within a hotel environment. Good English communication skills and computer literacy are a must, while knowledge of Opera, Micros, FBM and SUN System is an asset.
Knowledge and competencies
The ideal candidate will be responsible, dedicated and a self-motivator along with a positive attitude. You are a strong team player, enthusiastic and flexible, while possessing the following additional competencies:
- Understanding hotel operations.
- Planning for business.
- Supervising people.
- Understanding differences.
- Effective communication.
- Customer focus.
- Driving for results.
Whilst working for the company there will be access to a wide variety of confidential information concerning the company, guests and employees.
It is vital that all such information remains confidential and must not be disclosed to anyone outside the company, guests and employees unless otherwise stated. Please refer to the Employee Handbook for full policy details.
Health and safety
- To be aware of and comply with safe working practices as stipulated by the Health and Safety Act and as applicable to your place of work. This will include the incumbent’s awareness of any specific hazards at the workplace.
- The wearing of appropriate protective clothing provided by or recommended by the Company will be obligatory.
- To report any defects in the building, plant or equipment according to hotel procedure.
- To ensure that any accidents to staff, guests or visitors are reported immediately in accordance with correct procedures.
- To attend statutory fire, health and safety training and to be fully conversant with and abide by all rules concerning:
- Fire, health and safety.
- Regulations, such as COHSS in the European Union, related to the control of substances hazardous to health.
- Risk assessments for your department.
- Hotel fire and bomb procedures.
As the hotel’s level of business varies considerably, there is a need for flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours.
The above description is not to be regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis, as appropriate.
- Experience: Minimum of 1 year of work experience in a similar role; or a minimum of 2 years of work experience as a cash handler.
- Familiar with hotel accounting as well as hotel operations.
- Demonstrate management of a high volume cash handling, with knowledge of associated controls and procedures.
- Skills and knowledge: Excellent spreadsheet and word processing skills (Microsoft Office).
- Communicate clearly and concisely.
- Analytical and driven to initiate new ideas or plans.
- Strong and confident personality coupled with the ability to work as part of a team.
- An organised and methodical approach.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Good time management for meeting strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of and experience with accounting software (preferably both SUN Accounts and Vision).
- Education or qualification: Completion of A’ levels or equivalent (preferably a university graduate).
- Certification or qualification in Accounting or cash management and control an advantage.
- Requirements: Flexibility regarding work hours is essential.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the UK.
- Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) clearance.
Corinthia Palace Hotel – KMP-86758