An excellent opportunity exists for a committed, mature and ambitious professional to join the Corinthia Palace team. By caring about the art of hospitality and perfecting every detail, we work together to uplift the lives of others.
Scope and Purpose
The Director of HR will oversee talent acquisition, wellbeing and organizational development within the hotel. The colleague will have a solid understanding of people management, able to form strong relationships and drive quality through engagement, learning and development as well as an effective recruitment strategy.
A passion for hospitality and great customer service. You want to be part of a team that works hard and supports each other. People who can make an experience memorable and uplift someone’s life. Individuals that are willing to learn and grow.
- Is able to build effective business partnerships with all staff and external stakeholders, providing heads of department with support and full range of HR services and activities
- Has a strong understanding of people behavior able to ascertain recruitment needs with a strategic focus
- In conjunction with HODs builds and coordinates the colleague’s performance management system ensuring that colleagues have the skills and receive the development they need to achieve the hotels guest and business goals
- Will have an understanding of learning and development, able to work with colleagues to develop and implement programmes and build on the company’s development objectives
- Has a strong knowledge of the Maltese labour law and practices able to provide guidance and take action to manage goals effectively
- Creates an atmosphere that is aligned with the company’s vision, ensuring that employee wellness, culture and morale are maintained
- Oversees HR administration and reporting
- At least 5 years’ experience within Human Resources at the senior leadership team level, ideally in the 5-star hotel industry
- Bachelors level qualifications or postgraduate HR qualifications
- Highly developed skills in oral, written and presentation skills; able to express a viewpoint clearly and decisively
- Experience working in multicultural environments
- Experience handling grievances, disciplinaries and appeals
- Coaching and training delivery skills
- Computer, word, excel and PowerPoint literate
- Malta’s leading Hotel – World Travel Awards
- Active team member social events
- Training and development opportunities
- Growing company with global hotels
- Discounts on F&B and room rates within the company
- Health insurance
- Complimentary laundry service for uniform
- Complimentary meals on duty
Founded in Malta in 1962, this boutique hotel was built around an elegant, converted villa from the 19th century. It faces the Presidential Palace and is next to the beautiful San Anton Botanical Gardens. Surrounded by its beautifully landscaped gardens, the Corinthia Palace Malta is a peaceful setting for a relaxing break and one of the island’s leading 5-star hotels. Corinthia Hotels is a growing family of uplifting, luxury destinations.
There are now nine elegant properties worldwide, with several more landmark hotels opening soon. From city-centre hotels to coastal resorts, each one is connected by a strong Corinthia philosophy. Inspired by its Mediterranean, family-run heritage, we are dedicated to providing uplifting moments, unforgettable experiences and exquisite service.
Corinthia Palace Hotel – KMP-63691