We are currently seeking for passionate and dynamic Finance professionals who pride themselves on their ability to deliver extraordinary levels of customer service and provide creative solutions to our guests.
As Accounts Executive, you are responsible to assist maintaining a smooth operation within the Finance department by reviewing payroll reports and conducting internal controls in compliance with all policies, whereby your role will include key responsibilities such as:
Duties and responsibilities
- Review supplier invoices, general ledger coding of expenses and verify supplier payments with supporting invoices, LPOs, etc.
- Verify expense reimbursement with supporting documents and ensure that they are in accordance with the policies and procedures
- Prepare the general ledger reconciliation and follow up for the renewals of contracts expiring
- Adjust entries to be prepared based on general ledger reconciliation
- Prepare, post and update standard journal vouchers and adjustment journal voucher entries at the month’s end, such as – prepaid expense, operating provisions, payroll, payroll accruals, general stores issues, engineering store issues, reconciliation of food and beverage cost, accruals, provisions, allocation of expense, etc.
- Prepare bank reconciliation statement and review general ledger at month end and analyse expenses and major variations from the budget.
- Liaises with IT Manager on changes within Opera, Micros and Concept.
- Reviews and evaluates all training activities with the department.
- Develops service enhancements and monitor change in a financial environment.
- Delivers to tight deadlines.
- Keeps abreast of the newest trends and innovations in the hospitality industry.
- Generally being alert for opportunities to improve the profitability of the department i.e. through controlling wastage and being responsible for the economy of all utilities and resources.
- Takes a proactive approach to Accounting activity, anticipating potential opportunities.
- Maintains effective communication within the department and ensure that the Accountant is kept well informed of any problems / queries that have arisen.
- Reports any problems/complaints to the Accountant.
- Attends any department training sessions and / or meetings required.
- Liaises with other departments to ensure good communication and offer support.
- Is fully conversant with the Corinthia Employee Handbook.
- Supports the hotel operation in times of demand.
- Drives the Corinthia values and philosophy.
- Whist working for the company there will be access to a wide variety of confidential information concerning the company, guests and employees.
- It is vital that all such information remains confidential and must not be disclosed to anyone outside the company, guests and employees unless otherwise stated.
Please refer to the Employee Handbook for full policy details.
Health and safety
- To be aware of and comply with safe working practices as stipulated by the Health and Safety Act and as applicable to your place of work. This will include the incumbent’s awareness of any specific hazards at the workplace.
- The wearing of appropriate protective clothing provided by or recommended by the company will be obligatory.
- To report any defects in the building, plant or equipment according to hotel procedure.
- To ensure that any accidents to staff, guests or visitors are reported immediately in accordance with correct procedures.
- To attend statutory fire, health and safety training and to be fully conversant with and abide by all rules concerning:
- Fire, health and safety.
- Regulations, such as COHSS in the European Union, related to the control of substances hazardous to health.
- Risk assessments for your department.
- Hotel fire and bomb procedures.
- As the hotel’s level of business varies considerably, there is a need for flexibility in attitude, approach and working hours.
- The above description is not to be regarded as exhaustive. Other tasks and responsibilities of a broadly comparable nature may be added on a temporary or permanent basis, as appropriate.
- Experience: Minimum 2 years in a similar capacity.
- Familiar with hotel accounting as well as hotel operations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with enforcing internal controls and associated policies and procedures.
- Skills and knowledge: Excellent spreadsheet and word processing skills (Microsoft Office).
- Communicate clearly and concisely.
- Analytical and driven to initiate new ideas or plans.
- Strong and confident personality coupled with the ability to work as part of a team.
- An organised and methodical approach.
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Very good to excellent ability to interpret and report financial information.
- Good time management for meeting strict deadlines.
- Knowledge of and experience with accounting, purchasing, and Front Office management software and Point of Sales systems (preferably SUN Accounts, Micros-Fidelio Materials Control and Opera, Micros F&B and Concept).
- Education or qualification: Completion of an undergraduate degree or equivalent (preferably in Accounting, Business, Economics or Operations Analysis)
- Certification or qualification in Accounting, Cost Control or Operations Analysis is an advantage.
- Requirements: Flexibility regarding work hours is essential.
- Proof of eligibility to work in Malta.
Corinthia Palace Hotel – KMP-86759