Reporting directly to the Chief Executive Officer, this position requires an individual with a proven track record in the Finance department.
- Manage all accounting duties such as billing, cost accounting, inventory accounting and revenue recognition.
- Preparing the budget, financial forecasts and reporting variances, as well as management accounts in a timely manner.
- Reviewing of payroll.
- Investigate variances against budgets and provide an analysis of differences.
- Coordinating the preparation of regulatory reporting.
- Supporting month-end and year-end closing processes.
- Ensuring quality control over financial transactions and financial reporting.
- Managing and submitting quarterly VAT returns.
- Researching technical accounting issues in relation to compliance.
- Developing and updating business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
- Maintains effective communication within the department and with other departments.
- Updates regularly the audit file and works with auditors to ensure correct and timely closing and reporting at year-end.
- Any other duties which may be required from time to time such as preparing business plans, planning and the ability to provide financial strategies.
- Minimum 3 years of local experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrate knowledge of and experience with enforcing internal controls and associated policies and procedures.
- Be computer literate and familiar with accounting management software. Knowledge of Sun and Micros POS systems will be considered an asset.
- Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Be knowledgeable in local legislation related to finance, taxation and employment.
- Be logical, accurate and able to handle multi-tasking.
- Be well-organized and possess time management skills.
- Be discrete and confidential.
- Be able to work in a dynamic environment.
- Be self-motivated, able to work under pressure and adhere to deadlines.
- Have good organisational skills.
- Portray a professional image commensurate with the values of the company.
- Have a good command of the English language.
- Have excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Be accurate and detail-oriented.
- Hold a degree in business management with a specialization in Accountancy or ACCA qualification.
Corinthia Group – KMP-86773