Reporting to the Director of Sales, this role will include maximising sales, winning new clients, maintaining an excellent relationship with existing ones, and ensuring that events run smoothly and to the highest standards.
The Job Will Include
- Responding, actioning, and following up on sales enquiries.
- Set up meetings with potential clients and listen to their wishes and concerns.
- Meeting clients and hosting venue show-around and menu tastings.
- Issuing Banquet Event Orders (BEOs) to all departments involved within the company.
- Participate on behalf of the company in exhibitions or conferences.
- Build and maintain relationships with clients and prospects.
- Collect and analyze information and prepare data and sales reports.
- Build and maintain professional networks.
- Negotiate / close deals and handle complaints or objections.
- Collaborate with team members to achieve better results.
- Gather feedback from customers or prospects and share it with the internal teams.
Job Skills and Requirements
- Having a good knowledge of Events in general but specifically the wedding market will be considered an asset.
- Have a positive attitude and a friendly and outgoing demeanour.
- Work well as part of a team.
- Have excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Existing client relationships will be considered an asset.
- Sound IT skills. Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications is essential.