As part of our continued expansion, we are on the lookout for a Data Centre Technician to join our growing team based in Malta. As a Data Centre Technician, you will support our customer installations in Malta and will provide remote support activities across our globally distributed data centres and network.
We are interested in hearing from candidates who would enjoy a hands-on role with a huge variety, supporting customers across the globe. You’ll form part of a wider team who delivers excellence in customer service through diagnosing, resolving and implementing solutions.
You will be responsible for
- Providing technical support to customers in a timely manner. Troubleshooting a variety of IT infrastructures including servers, disks, network cards and data communications equipment.
- Providing problem management services by utilizing diagnostic tools to aid in troubleshooting efforts.
- Installing, moving, cable and configuring servers, storage and networking equipment (i.e. servers, switches, routers, disk arrays and misc. technology equipment).
- Performing additional functions incidental to computer support activities.
- Performing periodic operational tasks such as but not limited to the inventory of related materials, monthly power consumption readings, shipping / receiving etc.
- Establish and maintain configuration documentation and assist with general asset and inventory management processes.
- Assisting the team of Network Engineers, System Administrators and Project Managers in various projects.
- Coordination and liaison with all other IT staff within the company and with any third-party business partner or vendor.
- Liaise with Senior Management, Product teams, Sales teams and Technology teams as to client needs.
- Act in accordance with legislation both locally and in all jurisdictions where the company and its associated companies operate.
- Comply with all legal obligations and company policies group-wide including security and health and safety requirements.
- Be part of an on-call rotation for customer support.
- Be prepared to travel for work to company locations other than the primary employment location.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience Required
- Technically minded, this individual will have a minimum of 3 years of experience in a DC Technician capacity.
- Have good attention to detail, and maintain high-quality standards.
- Possess a thorough understanding of cabling good practices and a general understanding of LAN / WAN / Telephony concepts.
- Familiarity working with Windows, Microsoft Office, UNIX and Cisco systems.
- Excellent knowledge of server, storage and networking hardware.
- In-depth knowledge of data centre critical infrastructure (UPS / generators / HVAC / redundancy etc).
- Works well independently and with others globally on tasks with some technical and management guidance.
- Ability to work at heights and lift server and network hardware regularly.
- Proven experience managing customer support queries and issues.
- A proactive approach to working with the initiative to spot potential efficiencies or improvements.
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to multi-task and prioritize tasks.
- A motivated individual with the drive to ensure internal and external deadlines are met.
- Attention to detail and ownership of work to ensure it is accurate meets quality standards, performed on a timely basis along with providing daily reports to the PM and / or customers.
- Able to build good productive relationships with other team members and stakeholders of the business in multiple locations.
What’s in it for you?
- A dynamic, growing and technology-focused company.
- Training and development are encouraged at all stages, learning is a given.
- Working with a large-scale network and top-end technologies.
- A competitive salary and benefits package.
Continent 8 Technologies (Malta) Limited – KMP-86266