Does the world of media fascinate you? Are you keen to follow interesting stories, and to meet and interview the people behind the headlines? Do you enjoy the thrill of the chase for intriguing stories? Do you follow social media closely?
Content House, the fastest-growing media organisation in Malta, is looking for a Journalist to work on its growing range of online and print media brands targeting different audiences.
- Writing stories on a daily basis for print and / or online media;
- Keeping up to date with social media and news stories, sourcing stories and reacting swiftly;
- Contributing to the news agenda with strong research-driven ideas for articles;
- Building a strong contacts book;
- Supporting the continued growth of our projects through new content ideas, promotion on social media and helping to build the audience.
We’re looking for someone who is obsessed with current affairs and the local scene; someone who’s a media hawk, and the first to know what’s going on, so a strong interest and ideally, experience in both news and business journalism writing, is your greatest asset. Experience in general English language journalism is also a plus.
You need to be judicious enough to know what a good story is, what will interest readers, and how to think outside the box to get the story nobody’s thought of, while of course, maintaining stringent editorial standards. Deadlines are essential, so you have to be able to meet them.
Since we are a Maltese media house, our ideal candidate needs to have an in-depth knowledge of Malta, as well as the local landscape.
Perfect written English is essential for this role, and we would prefer someone with tertiary education in English and / or communication studies and / or journalism. Proficiency in MS Office applications, especially Word, Excel and Outlook is a must.
Candidates can apply for either a full-time or a part-time position.
Content House – KMP-60008