We are looking for a Shipping Clerk to join our Export team. The position is ideal for those who wish to start or advance in a career related to shipping and exports. The ideal candidate will be responsible to support the Export department in the shipping, logistics, invoicing and general office administration.
- To source and negotiate the best shipping rates.
- To prepare the export shipping documents in an accurate and timely manner.
- To liaise with forwarding agents and coordinate shipments with the export department, Production Managers, Quality Assurance and Warehouse Manager as required.
- Onsite inspections of empty containers and supervision during loading.
- To administer all export procedures and customs formalities.
- To manage research required by the Export department.
- To liaise with local suppliers and foreign clients.
- To monitor and maintain export stock levels for warehouses based overseas.
- To assist in the collection of debts and issuing of monthly e-statements from export clients.
- To support the export office in all administrative work.
- To give feedback and positively contribute to the ease of operation.
- Assist in the maintenance of BRC certification.
- To assist the Export Managers with the day to day running of the office.
- To conduct general office duties including minuting of meetings, filing, general reports and general assistance.
- Computer literate: usage of Microsoft package.
- Fluent in both spoken and written English and Maltese are a must.
- Teamwork is essential.
- Motivation and eagerness to learn.
- Shipping / logistics and customs procedures experience are ideal but not a must.
Full training will be provided.
Consolidated Biscuit Co. Ltd – KMP-66697