We are currently seeking a Host Family and Leisure Coordinator to join our team.
Position Purpose / Summary
- Responsible for the recruitment and management of Host Families and all aspects of administrative duties related to this department.
- Responsible for the overall planning and implementation of the school’s adult and young learner social programs including but not limited to Leisure, Sports, Health, and Fitness.
- Proactively manage host families and recruit new ones to meet the demand.
- Sustain and develop a good relationship with all Host Families ensuring a team environment.
- Conduct regular Host Family visits and spot checks to ensure that standards are maintained.
- Coordinate all advertising and recruitment of new Host Families.
- Mediate between Host Families and students in case any problems and misunderstandings arise.
- Maintain and update the company’s reservations system relating to Host Families.
- Advise Host Families of any changes in accommodation status, namely amendments or cancellations in advance.
- Coordinate the allocation of students in Host Families and any changes, including, but not limited to moving students from one family to another, in case of complaints and various problems; ensuring that agents ’/ direct clients’ accommodation requests are met.
- Recruit, train and supervise activity group leaders.
- Plan, organize, and promote adult and young learner weekly activities.
- Monitor that daily activity reports, daily handover sheets, and other departmental paperwork are filled in, filed appropriately and handed in in a timely manner.
- Ensure compliance with health and safety legislation and report / record any issues / problems that may arise.
- Maintain customer service standards.
- Deal with enquiries, complaints and emergencies.
- Create an atmosphere that is pleasant, fun and relaxed but purposeful and disciplined.
- Be proactive, show interest in, care for, speak with each student and follow up on any situations or emergencies.
- Be disciplined, firm and consistent in decisions and corrections.
- Monitor that policies, procedures and rules are adhered to on a daily basis.
- Make sure that students are accounted for at all times during activities.
- Be aware of any medical conditions / allergies / dietary requirements the students may have and act accordingly in case of an emergency
- Coordinate the arrival and departure of groups including scheduling of group leaders.
- Manage all leisure related transport
- Manage assigned budgets.
- Maintain statistical and financial records.
- Drive sales in order to achieve preset monthly targets.
- Research and develop growth opportunities.
- Must be able to work flexible hours.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Organized, punctual and a team player.
- Must have a valid driving license.
- Fluent in English.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office and other related applications.
- Other languages would be an asset.
Clubclass Language School – KMP-86815