chiliz is a global sports and entertainment company that aims to change the way fans interact with their favorite sports and esports teams by offering them a higher level of engagement.
Through blockchain technology, we want to transform fans from passive spectators into active participants who democratically control the competitive arena they love to follow.
Our diverse and extraordinary team that spans 18 nationalities are the driving force behind our success with creative thinking at the heart of anything and everything we do.
chiliz is our tokenized voting platform empowering fans to crowd manage their favorite sports and esports teams, events, leagues and game titles via voting rights acquired through a utility token known as chiliz ($CHZ).
Socios.com, powered by the chiliz fintech platform and $CHZ token, will offer fans the opportunity to buy, trade and execute voting or ‘crowd managers’ rights in their favorite football teams. Connecting 4 billion football fans worldwide with the thousands of different UEFA clubs and professional football teams they root for.
The chiliZ Blockchain Campus will house world-leading exchanges, crypto-friendly European banks, leading blockchain media groups, service providers including recruitment services and some of the largest Asian crypto funds in a unique cluster in order to grow the ecosystem locally and globally.
We’re now looking for an experienced Head of Marketing to help define and lead, as well as deliver and execute the overall marketing strategy. Reporting into the Chief Marketing & Communications Officer, this is a critical role for the business as we move towards our product launch.
The role is ideal for a senior marketing manager looking to take the next step in their career, to take ownership, build out and lead the digital marketing function. While very hands-on to begin with, this is an amazing opportunity to market a new platform to a mass global audience. We are looking for someone with a thorough understanding of all marketing disciplines; someone prepared to hit the ground running and get their hands dirty whilst defining our overall marketing requirements and building a high-achieving team.
Responsibilities & Duties
- Define and develop the digital marketing strategy to build and maintain brand and product awareness, drive customer acquisition as well as app installs/downloads, whilst leveraging our sports partnerships;
- Drive strong ROI and campaign KPIs by acquiring qualified audiences through programmatic and data-driven display advertising;
- Provide strategic direction and manage day-to-day bidding and targeting for digital marketing efforts and budgets;
- Help to define branding and positioning; be the brand guardian, to ensure strong and consistent messaging across all channels and marketing efforts (including but not limited to event marketing, email campaigns, web pages and promotional material);
- Analyse consumer behaviour, define customer personas and develop segmentation models;
- Develop CRM initiatives, define regular communication schedules, identify all customer touchpoints to ensure the right actions and communications are implemented at each stage, manage conversions throughout the customer journey, and drive the exploration and execution of new display channels / campaigns for lead generation in target markets;
- Identify skills and resource gaps with a view to building a strong, multi-disciplined team;
- Prepare and manage monthly, quarterly and annual budgets;
- Set, monitor and report on marketing goals and objectives, with a focus on delivering ROI;
- Create and test all steps to improve campaign conversion rates and lead quality.
- A strong leader with superb organisational skills and experience of internal stakeholder management;
- A strategic thinker with a customer-focused mindset;
- Work experience as Senior Marketing Manager or Head of Marketing, preferably within the sports industry, with a deep understanding of European football and knowledge of esports;
- Knowledge of blockchain and cryptocurrencies is preferable but not essential;
- Solution focused, with experience of running successful marketing campaigns;
- Solid knowledge of web analytics and Google AdWords;
- Team management and leadership skills with the ability to set and prioritise goals;
- Objective, detailed and analytical with requirement setting and creative in providing solutions;
- Degree level education or 5+ years experience in proven high-scale, performance marketing environment;
- Experience with Programmatic, auction-based media buying, mobile marketing, mobile app marketing, online advertising and / or display media concepts (ad/date networks, DMP, exchanges, DSP);
- Strong understanding of ads metrics (CPI, CTR, CPC, CPM, CPA, ROAS/CPPC, ROI, LTV);
- Working experience with Google AdWords, Google Analytics, GDN, YouTube, DSPs, DCM, DBM, Facebook, Twitter etc;
- Knowledge and experience of SEO, CRM, affiliate marketing;
- Proven ability to work with cross-functional teams and successfully launch new products in an agile environment;
- Advanced verbal and written communication skills with fluent English;
- Adaptable in communicating ideas and processes effectively to different audiences.
What we offer
You will be working in one of Malta’s most spectacular offices with iconic views of Valletta at the heart of Gzira and minutes away from the shopping and entertainment hub of the island. Set within the Malta Blockchain Campus, our office boasts a fantastic chill-out area we share with blockchain companies from around the world. This multi-cultural atmosphere is further enhanced by extraordinary colleagues spanning 18 nationalities with ideas as diverse and interesting as they are.
We move at a lightning speed that reflects the industry we’re in and although we’re a small company, size doesn’t matter when you’re this fast. Professional and personal development are very important to us and along with a supportive and collaborative working environment we offer great company perks but above all we give you the chance to be a part of the future.
chiliz – KMP-41377