chiliz is a global sports and entertainment company that aims to change the way fans interact with their favorite sports and esports teams by offering them a higher level of engagement.
Through blockchain technology, we want to transform fans from passive spectators into active participants who democratically control the competitive arena they love to follow.
Our diverse and extraordinary team that spans 18 nationalities are the driving force behind our success with creative thinking at the heart of anything and everything we do.
chiliz is our tokenized voting platform empowering fans to crowd manage their favorite sports and esports teams, events, leagues and game titles via voting rights acquired through a utility token known as chiliz ($CHZ).
Socios.com, powered by the chiliz fintech platform and $CHZ token, will offer fans the opportunity to buy, trade and execute voting or ‘crowd managers’ rights in their favorite football teams. Connecting 4 billion football fans worldwide with the thousands of different UEFA clubs and professional football teams they root for.
The chiliZ Blockchain Campus will house world-leading exchanges, crypto-friendly European banks, leading blockchain media groups, service providers including recruitment services and some of the largest Asian crypto funds in a unique cluster in order to grow the ecosystem locally and globally.
Due to continued growth we are looking to recruit a backend guru to join our team of talented engineers that share a common interest in distributed backend systems, their scalability and continued development. You will be part of the team responsible for building the systems that power our Chiliz platform. While this is an individual contributor role, as a valued member of an autonomous, cross-functional agile team, you’ll be involved in many aspects, helping evolve our existing architecture and implementing new features and functionality.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Build robust and scalable software.
- Develop, deploy and operate PHP written microservices.
- Build server-side REST APIs.
- Help improve our code quality by writing unit tests, automation tests, following the SOLID and DRY principles and performing code reviews.
- Participate in brainstorming sessions and contribute ideas to our technology, algorithms and products.
- PostgreSQL / Amazon DynamoDB
- Blockchain / Ethereum
- Amazon SQS
- PHP 7.1 / Symfony 4
- NodeJS / TypeScript
- Source control: Git / Gitlab
- Container: Docker
- GitLab CI
Who we think will be a great fit…
We’re looking for someone who is self-driven, eager to learn new things with a proactive approach to work. You are passionate either about Esports or Blockchain, perhaps even about both of them. And you want to work with smart people and have fun building something great.
You also meet most (if not more) of the following requirements:
- You have effective communication skills, a positive attitude, and ability to receive constructive feedback.
- You have at least 3 years of recent hands-on coding and software design in backend development.
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in a related field, or an intriguing reason for not having one.
- You are willing to face any problem and try to solve it in the best of your knowledge.
- You find satisfaction in a job well done, you care about quality and you know what it means to ship high quality code.
- You have a good knowledge, or you want to learn the following areas: system design, algorithm, design pattern, data structure, API, caching strategies.
- You have the willingness to learn new technologies, but you have experience with:
- PHP, Symfony (or any modern PHP framework)
- relational SQL databases.
- You have excellent writing and communication skills in the English language
What we offer
You will be working in one of Malta’s most spectacular offices with iconic views of Valletta at the heart of Gzira and minutes away from the shopping and entertainment hub of the island.
Set within the Malta Blockchain Campus, our office boasts a fantastic chill-out area we share with blockchain companies from around the world. This multi-cultural atmosphere is further enhanced by extraordinary colleagues spanning 18 nationalities with ideas as diverse and interesting as they are.
We move at a lightning speed that reflects the industry we’re in and although we’re a small company, size doesn’t matter when you’re this fast.
Professional and personal development are very important to us and along with a supportive and collaborative working environment we offer great company perks but above all we give you the chance to be a part of the future.
chiliz – KMP-41379