Whilst reporting to the General Manager, the Quantity Surveyor officer is responsible to manage all the required tasks that are essential for the billing and quotations for projects. The chosen candidate needs to understand M&E, HVAC and finishing works to understand better the claims that are being done. Candidate needs also to have extensive computer skills (Excel & Microsoft Word), accounting software and strong communication skills.
Quantity Surveyor Main Responsibilities
- Reviewing contracted bill of quantity and contract terms related to payment applications, deposit, retention, and other fees.
- Preparing interim claims as per project progress and project invoices.
- Liaise with the procurement and drafting department to review and prepare necessary take-offs for orders and claims.
- Liaise with the project coordinator, technicians and the operations manager in order get the necessary information for claims and present them together with the claim to the client.
- Liaise with the project coordinator and technicians to prepare clients request for new quotes or extra works (variations)
- Meet up and contact client representative to review claims.
- Liaise with a subcontractor to review and submit claims and variations.
- Review certification of payments and make distribution to the any subcontractors.
- Providing quotation administration support to the general managers and directors.
- Implement cost-effective practices that maximise efficiency, creativity, and innovation in all procedures within the billing department.
- Monitor, evaluate and assess all prepared project billing and contracts.
- Identify any risk factors by ensuring that the technicalities are up to standard.
- Analyse previous project certifications reports to highlight any actions and improvements that should be factored in for future claims.
- Ensure that streamline processes are utilized.
- 40 hours a week from Monday to Friday starting from 07:30hrs until 16:00hrs
- Minimum experience of 1 year in a similar position.
- Specialist cost management / quantity surveying working within the construction industry.
Education and Training
- Relevant experience preferred.
- Excellent computer skills (Excel, Microsoft Word, PowerPoint).
- Proficient in appropriate software.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
The Employee’s gross monthly remuneration shall be discussed with the potential candidate. With their CVs the potential candidate is requested to send in a covering letter highlighting their experience together with their expected yearly gross salary.
CE Installations Limited – KMP-55878