CE Installations Ltd. provides both the installation and maintenance of Mechanical and Electrical services for a wide variety of customers across a diverse range of projects. CE Installations has around 180 multi-cultural employees and due to recent growth, the company is seeking to recruit a head of Procurement to join our dynamic team.
Whilst reporting to the to the General Manager, the Procurement Manager is responsible to negotiate with suppliers, evaluate purchasing agents and manage supplier agreements and contracts. The Procurement Manager is expected to lead the procurement department and oversee that all matters relating to the department are met.
The chosen candidate will be expected secure deals favourable to the company and build strong relationships with vendors and agents.
- Implement the strategy of CE Installations Ltd. by monitoring the day-to-day activities of the procurement operations.
- Take an active role and participate in the managerial team of CE Installations Ltd.
- Prepare department’s progress or status reports.
- Analyse and deal with issues which arise from procurement work.
- Plan and monitor the procurement departmental budget.
- Managing the company’s supply portfolio and ensure transparency supplies costings.
- Source and scout new suppliers to look for the most favourable prices.
- Attend relevant training and workshops to increase own knowledge.
- Travel to attend conventions and similar events, while also gaining more knowledge and practices.
Team Development Duties:
- Prepare employee work schedules and assign specific duties.
- Coach and mentor employees.
- Formulate a career development plan for each team member.
- Manage and monitor key performance indicators set for the procurement department.
- Handle the employees’ performance appraisals within the department.
- Take part in the recruitment and selection process.
- Implement cost-effective practices that maximise efficiency, creativity and innovation in all procedures within the procurement department.
- Negotiate and prepare subcontractors agreements.
- Develop and monitor processes concerning requests for quotations as per bill of quantities provided by the tendering department.
- Liaise with the stores and deliveries department to monitor request for stock reordering.
- Be in constant communication with the project scheduling and implementation department to provide the required material costs.
- Consult with technical department in ensuring that the materials being procured meet the technical specifications.
- Identify and manage the procurement departmental expenses to the accounts department.
- Set platform to channel all payment terms of all vendors and suppliers to the accounts department.
- Communicate materials’ costs and any other necessary information to related parties such as the accounts, tendering and project scheduling and implementation departments.
- Set and monitor procedures to issue and approve purchase orders to be sent to the stores and deliveries department.
40 hours a week from Monday to Friday, provided that the chosen candidate is bound to put in all the necessary hours required for the efficient performance of his / her duties.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in a similar position within the mechanical, electrical and HVAC industry
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Strong negotiation skills to entice and close attractive deals.
- Preferably has a good understanding of the mechanical, electrical and HVAC industry.
- A great sense of work ethic and dedicated to contributing towards the overall success of the company’s vision.
- Personal qualities such as confidence, integrity and resilience.
- Be able to communicate clearly and effectively with colleagues.
- Ability to take control and manage deadlines successfully.
- Be a good listener and a great team player.
- Must be highly organised with a strong attention to detail.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Strong leadership skills and problem sensitivity awareness.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated and proactive.
- Result-oriented and a highly determined individual.
- Have a good command of speaking and writing skills in English and preferably Maltese.
Education and Training:
- Degree in Business Administration, Management or other related academic field will be an advantage.
- European passport or working permission to work in Malta.
- Clean police conduct certificate (must be presented).
CE Installations Limited – KMP-54420