Scope, Purpose and Objective:
Individuals who fall under this job description are responsible for performing multiple repair and maintenance tasks throughout the day, which could include, but is not limited to: carpentry work, electrical, plumbing, painting, tiling, plastering, outdoor landscaping and general facility repairs.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Ensuring the smooth operations of all maintenance services, and that maintenance programmes and operation schedules are properly carried out.
- Performing daily repairs and maintenance work.
- Complying with the respective safety rules and regulations.
- Complying with maintenance procedures to ensure optimum utilisation of hotel equipment and minimise any breakdown of equipment.
- Attending to emergency breakdown and any assigned tasks diligently.
- Performing any other duties assigned by the Maintenance Manager.
- Electrical repairs and maintenance: light bulbs, wiring, circuit breakers, fuses.
- Facility repairs: doors, doorknobs, locks, broken tiles, polish floors, staining, etc.
- Repair and replace general hardware.
- Fix doors in the organisation and change the locks if they are bad.
- Troubleshoot general problems.
- Maintain records of all jobs undertaken and keeping them under the priority categories.
- Carry out day-to-day internal and external repairs, when required or reported on system. All repairs to be completed within designated time period, depending on the priority.
- Take appropriate action and monitor that all equipment is properly maintained.
- Must have the ability to read / write and communicate comfortably in English language.
- Must be flexible in working hours and in duties that are assigned to him/her by direct superior.
- Must have at least 2 years proven experience in General Maintenance, and possess a minimum of 3 different skills from the skills required in the job brief.
Cavalieri Art Hotel – KMP-47382