Scope, Purpose and Objective
The main objective of the Day / Night Front Office Receptionist is to ensure that the hotel is providing the highest possible standard in guest / customer care excellence. In every aspect; in product, presentation and hospitality to our guests. Perform as a cohesive team that is dedicated to the needs of our customers, we must anticipate and respond to our guests with professionalism, discretion and good will throughout their stay at the Cavalieri Art Hotel.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities.
- Greets guests upon arrival ensuring they feel expected and welcome.
- Ensure that the guest receives the accommodation he/she is expecting.
- Maintains an up to date knowledge of the hotel and local services and supplies to be able to respond to guest queries.
- Maintains an awareness of guest profiles through the hotel management system.
- Deals swiftly, efficiently and sensitively to guest complaints and ensures follow through.
- Process accounts from check-in through check-out, ensuring accurate posting of food and beverage and ancillary charges.
- Receives payments by cash, cheque, credit card or on-account, adhering to the company credit policy at all times.
- Accurately administers front desk clerical systems and procedures.
- Records all instances of refused business, with reason of refusal.
- Checks the reception is organised and operating in an efficient standard and checklists are completed and forwarded to Front Office Manager.
- Promotes the hotel’s outlets and special events at all times.
- Maintains awareness if sales opportunities, maximising revenue, meeting and exceeding guest expectations.
- Maintains awareness of rate levels to be sold on a daily basis and occupancy level.
- Cooperates in the performance of any reasonable task requested by the management.
- Ensures balances of accounts of the day’s business at the end of shift.
- Adheres to all hotel policies, procedures and standards at all times.
Cavalieri Art Hotel – KMP-48250