The HR Payroll Specialist undertakes a variety of tasks to support the HR department locally, as well as other locations globally.
The HR Payroll Specialist is responsible for coordinating our monthly payroll processes and providing effective and efficient HR support to the HR department and assisting the HR Managers and the CHRO with administrative and payroll support.
- Administrate HR-related documentation and maintain HR records and employee files.
- Manage the HRIS for Malta employees, and other locations as needed, ensuring that the relevant HR database is up-to-date, accurate and complies with local legislation.
- Manage the employee onboarding process, working closely with stakeholders such as IT, Office and Talent Acquisition teams, as well as HR, to ensure a smooth onboarding process. Meeting with all new employees for inductions and keeping in touch on a regular basis to answer employee queries.
- Manage the offboarding process, to provide a smooth exit for leavers, whilst ensuring all records are up to date and in line with local legislation.
- Act as the first point of contact for employee queries on compensation, benefits and leave.
- Prepare and execute payroll instructions with 3 rd party adhering to deadlines, ensuring effective payroll processing and compliance with local tax legislation.
- Work closely with the Finance department for payroll and reporting matters.
- Be an expert on local tax legislation, stay up to date on local Employment law.
- Administer local employee benefit programs, tracking monthly costs and providing reports as needed.
- Coordinate with employee registrations and applications for local and foreign employees.
- Assist foreign employees with opening bank accounts and ID card applications.
- Responsible for all absence management, and updating relevant HR and Payroll Systems on a daily basis.
- Work closely with HR Business Partners and Generalists to support key projects and processes.
- Be involved in and contribute to other HR projects as requested as well as continuously participate in the achievement of HR strategy and goals.
- Work closely with our HR Systems and Data Specialist to ensure all HR data is accurate by supporting the process of collecting and collating HR information, reports and data when required.
To do it, you will need:
- Experience in a similar role focused on the payroll.
- Highly organised, and able to multi-task.
- A high level of confidentiality.
- Strong administration skills and great attention to detail.
- Fluent in English, good level of literacy and numeracy.
- Excellent interpersonal and customer-facing skills.
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficient in MS Office, especially Excel.
- Previous payroll experience using Shireburn payroll and BambooHR.
- Knowledge of Maltese tax and employment legislation, payroll experience in other countries would be beneficial.
Catena Media – KMP-59137