Carlo Gavazzi Ltd is a world leader in the development and manufacturing of automation components and considers the Malta plant as a high potential location for its continued consolidation.
Our investment in our own research facilities and in developing our most valuable asset – our people -ensures that we are at the forefront of new thinking and new ideas in automation.
We are looking for an IT Administrator to join the company’s local IT team.
- Provide internal users with 1st line technical support using the company guidelines and methodology.
- To ensure maximum availability of computer systems throughout the company.
- Responsible for the provision of IT infrastructure services including desktop applications, Local and / or Wide Area Networks, IT Security and telecommunications.
- Maintenance and minor development of new systems / applications, as required.
- Working with senior management to propose, agree and deliver IT systems as necessary.
- Responsible for IT hardware and software procurement.
- Liaise with IT contractors and other IT service providers.
- To ensure that all IT resources are used in the best interests of the company, reporting any abuses accordingly.
- Provide an interface between local company and corporate IT department.
- Oversees troubleshooting, systems backups, archiving, and disaster recovery.
- Continuous maintenance of available hardware and take a pro-active approach preventing future problems.
- Documentation of internal IT related policies and procedures.
- Onboard, Train and Support users on IT applications as necessary.
- Adhere to company H&S and Environmental procedures.
- Qualification in IT.
- Minimum 1 year experience working in a similar role with exposure to various troubleshooting scenarios.
- Knowledge on Active Directory, general IT hardware, Office Desktop Suite and Office 365.
- Good Understanding of networking and printers.
- Knowledge of basic programming will be considered an asset.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work on own initiative as well as in a team.
- Fluency in English speaking.
- Clean police conduct.
Salary is commensurate to experience and is negotiable.
Carlo Gavazzi Limited – KMP-85165