Camilleri Group of Companies operates various prestigious brands in the fashion retail sector and is the franchise holder for Matalan, Mothercare, M&Co, Jules, Promod, Morgan, George and Miss Selfridge in Malta through a retail outlet network of 30 locations across the Maltese Islands.
Apart from fashion retail the group is also active in the confectonary businesas via retail, wholesale and catering divisions.
Reporting to the Managing Director, this is a first-line management for professionals with either small or extensive experience, but with the drive to achieve multiple objectives in a fast pace and demanding environment.
The key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Developing, implementing and monitoring HR strategies, systems and procedures, ensuring they are aligned with the overall business strategy
- Responsibility for the payroll function preparation
- Identifying training and development needs for the new recruits and implementing such sessions accordingly
- Coordinating performance appraisals, employee engagement and retention, compensation and benefits, career development and employee relations
- Supporting other department managers on HR matters, including advice and guidance to employees
- Recruitment for all the lines of business
We anticipate that the right candidate would have the following requisites:
- A degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- Working knowledge of Maltese legislation and employment law
- Excellence skills in both written and spoken English and Maltese
- Excellent communication skills to deal effectively with employees at all levels
- A flexible and hands-on approach to work
- Computer literate
Camilleri Group – KMP-52349