Calamatta Cuschieri is Malta’s largest independent financial services Group that pioneered the local financial services industry as early as 1972. Today the company’s perspective is global, CC Group has diversified across a full range of financial services and the group operates dedicated Fintech and marketing companies.
We are committed to attracting and selecting top people to join our team. We are also committed to creating a workplace that encourages individual growth; we value our people and their well-being.
The Reconciliation Officer is an integral part of the Operations team which ensures that all business is administered in an efficient, controlled, risk-free and timely manner ensuring products, services and money change hands as they are supposed to. The Reconciliations Officer will be responsible for the end-of-day reconciliation of all client holdings and bank accounts to make sure that the accounting system reflects the correct transactions.
In their day-to-day role, the Officer will provide support to client-servicing teams such as the Investment Advisors and the Contact Centre Support. This position offers an exciting opportunity for the right candidate in a fast-growing company.
Main Duties and Responsibilities:
- Reconciliation of all client holdings.
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts at banks, executing brokers and custodians.
- Assist client facing teams with any queries in a timely manner.
- Ensure follow-up action when necessary and liaise with the Head of the department and other operational departments to resolve issues.
- Adhere to corporate standards and procedures.
- Prepare various daily / weekly / monthly reports, related to client funds and balances.
- Assisting of other operational departments from time to time such as payments and settlements of financial transactions and corporate actions.
Experience and Education Requirements:
- MQF level 5 of education.
- Ideally holds previous experience within a similar role.
- Applicants from non-related disciplines will not be at a disadvantage, but they will need to show an understanding of, and keen interest in our business.
- Excellent numeracy and analytical skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work well within a team.
- Can-do attitude, results orientated and proactive.
- Attention to detail, plus excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Competent using MS Office, in particular Excel and Outlook.
All Applications will be acknowledged and treated with maximum confidentiality.
The enduring goal of Calamatta Cuschieri is that the composition of our workforce should reflect that of the communities in which we work.
Calamatta Cuschieri – CCMT02921